KUA

KUA

3/26/09

Thursday's Thoughts ...

Well, geesh. I seem to have missed a few Ten Thoughts Tuesdays. So, here's my Thursday Thoughts. I'm not going to number them ... we'll just see how far I get. LOL!

Today's my mother's birthday. I was supposed to go over to their condo for dinner. Mom called me after class today and told me don't come over, she's not feeling well. Besides, my dad's sister is coming from out of town just for the night. She didn't really want to bother with the visit, but has no choice in the matter. She pretty much told me to "save yourself! Run, run run!!" She likes Dad's sister, but just doesn't want the burden of hosting an overnight guest, especially since she's not feeling well.

Homework!! I'm up to my eyeballs in homework. The semester is 2/3 of the way over ... only five more weeks to go. Three tests this next week to study for, including one take home test, two projects due this week and work is progressing on the final presentations for classes. It seems the only thing I'm doing these days is homework.

We had a really neat project in Stress Management today. Coach is doing a seminar presentation for other Stress Management teachers. She hates using power points so she came up with a neat presentation ... using students hands. We had to write in one or two words what we wanted our futures to hold (something stress management related). I'd journaled about how the kids cause me stress ... so my hands said "empty nest". She loved it! There were a lot of good words, including "peace" (done in a peace sign), "love life", "be independent" "mind, matter" (done as mind over matter - very creative) ... and the list went on. Two students even put their heads together, or should I say hands and wrote "don't worry, be happy". Coach was showing a few of us the photos after class, including a test shot of her own hands she'd done in her office before class. She was going to delete it when I said "no, no ... that's the blank canvas in which our futures will be written". She'll show us her presentation (practice on us before the big day) and will even make copies of our hand photos for each of us. Should be fun!!

Last time I went to my doctor's office he told me that I need to change insurance if I want to continue to be his patient. He's dropping my insurance carrier. Well, I don't want to change insurance, so I've been researching new doctors. Easier to change docs than insurance, you know? Today I got a letter from my insurance company saying they've assigned me to a new primary care provider. What's funny is that this new doc happened to be one of the three that really caught my attention. I'm geeked. I have a new doctor ... and from what I've heard from a few of his patients, one hell of a good doc, too. Hopefully I'll like him as much as those that have recommended him do.

Spare time right now is spent working on Elsie's Attic. That's going very well, especially considering how much time I'm not devoting to it right now (not near as much time as I would like). Single Son and I are working on the website ... but don't expect to hear announcements about it's grand opening for a while. Probably summer at the rate we're going. Seems that for every two steps we progress forward we're kicked back a step. That's okay ... it'll be worth the aggravation in the end.

Not a lot else going on around here. Then again, I don't have a lot of time for much else at this point.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!! I think about you guys often!!


3 comments:

  1. My mom's birthday was Tuesday! How funny!

    Get all that homework done...you're so close!

    I would love to see some of those pictures.

    Congrats on the new doc...I HOPE! Since you've heard good things, I'm sure you'll love him!

    Let us know when the site is up and running!

    Have a wonderful Friday...you'lre almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got pretty far......and it's nice to read you - I know you've been busy....good luck with all the homework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday mum!

    Your schedule with homework and exams is exhausting your doing really well so congrats and the break is getting closer and closer hang in there!!
    Hope the new doctor is as good as the one before and he's a good un!!

    ReplyDelete