Or as many thoughts as I can get it today. And I'm pretty sure these will all be random thoughts ... it's just been that kind of a week.
1) So ... I didn't make it in time to shoot photos of the annual Flower Fest. Not entirely my fault. I was told that the show wasn't ending until 6 PM ... when I got there at 5 PM they were already packing up the displays! Damn!! Had I been there earlier (which was my sole intention but my car had other plans) then I'd have been fine. Yup, stupid Grand Am decided it wasn't going to cooperate with me on Sunday.
2) Yes, I still have the Grand Am. I haven't been able to pick up the new car yet. I'm hoping that everyone's schedules cooperate this week and I can get the Mercury. Please, please!! I want ... need ... that car!
3) As soon as I get the new car I'm planning a much needed mini-trip to Port Huron. The Grand Am won't let me make the 65 or so mile trip. Just a little beyond our comfort zone, literally. And by our, I mean me and the car!! Heck, the short trip to the Village for the Flower Fest (that I missed) was a nerve-wracking experience.
4) So, the next event to photograph is coming up next Monday. The Memorial Day parade. I'll be there bright and early. I won't be missing this event. Really!! Although, I have to admit they weren't upset I missed the Flower Fest ... there was a lady there who had taken pictures on Saturday that had offered to send her prints over to the station. Whew!!
5) So, now that all the hype of the new Star Trek movie has died down, our lives have returned to their normal pace. In other words, pretty boring. But I'm liking it.
6) Still working on getting all my information plugged back into my family tree program. Geesh, what a lot of work!! And to think I could have saved myself so much aggravation if I'd have backed my files up. I know ... dummy me!! I know better!
7) My enhanced driver's license came today. Just a hair over two weeks since I applied for it. Not bad!! A passport would have taken so much longer, that's for sure. I can honestly say I like the picture on this license. That hasn't happened in decades!! But the best thing is I can now get into Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas by "land or water" without having to possess a passport. Well, Canada anyway. I don't see any trips to Mexico or the Bahama's in my future. LOL.
8) These kittens are nuts!! OMG!! Shimera, the momma cat, won't eat out of her dish, but will rip a hole in the 18 pound cat food bag and eat it out of the bag. Can we say picky kitty? Finicky. Then yesterday I found one of the kittens actually sleeping in the bag of cat food! One of the other kittens loves to sleep in Married Son's old smelly work boots. The third prefers to sleep in a box I left out for them to play in. I still haven't come up with a good name for the kitten I'm keeping. But I have the feeling it'll either be Star Trek related or a name that has to do with one of her personality quirks. And yes, it's a girl. I finally remembered to check! LOL!
9) I really need to get off my behind and clean out the Grand Am. Get it ready for DIL to take possession of it this week. Of course, she's got some things she left in it ... so I'll just leave that crap in there for her to worry about. A winter jacket ... some of Grandson's clothes ... a pair of shoes. It'll be so nice once she has her own car and doesn't need to borrow (or trash) mine!!
10) Absolutely nothing else to *report*. Like I said, things have returned to normal. Dull. Boring. Just the way I like it!! No drama!! Yay!!
I love dull and boring! It's the only rest we get between all the drama!
ReplyDeleteLeann, AMEN!!!
ReplyDeleteOh I should have read this before the other entries huh? You already have the car and have been to the parade LOL
ReplyDelete