KUA

KUA

7/21/09

Tuesday Thoughts ...

There's no way I'm committing to ten thoughts today!!

Barky dog is back. And louder than ever. The neighbors got the dogs back from the pound sometime early yesterday. As paybacks they left the *&@%ed dog out all night last night. And of course, it barked! Not sure which of the other neighbors was successful in getting that moron to put the dog inside, but at 3 AM or so all was (finally) quiet.

Yesterday morning, too, Married Son's vehicle was broken into. Looks like they jimmied the lock. They got his GPS and iPod ... they didn't see his digital camera hiding in the door pocket ... and they didn't have time to rip off his stereo system. Hopefully this has taught him a lesson to keep valuables hidden or remove them from the vehicle entirely.

It's a lesson I learned a decade ago when one of the neighborhood kids was caught helping himself to the contents of my vehicle. Of course, I also thought I could leave my car unlocked and not have to worry. I got my stuff back ... and learned a few things that day!

I won't get into the numerous break-ins or the things that have come up missing from the yard or shed ... or the sounds of gunfire close-by late at night. Although one of the break-ins was actually a funny story (in hind-sight that is). Maybe one day I'll blog about it.

I'm really beginning to hate this neighborhood! I'd move in a heart-beat if I could. This part of town has gone to hell in a hand basket in the 15 years I've lived here. I just need to finish my degree ... make more money ... and get that empty nest before I move out. Ya, you know I'm working on that!

Ah well. What do you do? Besides try to make your home a fortress that can't be penetrated. Lock your doors even when you're home ... and double and triple check that you've locked the cars and shed ... and left nothing laying around outside.

3 comments:

  1. maybe someone will steal barky dog and take him away...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! I can't believe they got him back so soon! I hope things move along and you can find a new 'hood' to call your own soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a howling dog for weeks..usually shuts up when the owner gets home from work but the poor bugger has been howling all weekend.. I Called the ranger last night and this morning, she went and checked but they aren't allowed to enter the property so she left them a note. If they dont freakin come home tonight I'm calling the RSPCA I cant believe people leaving dogs especially alone for days at a time. Jerks!

    ReplyDelete