KUA

KUA

12/3/09

December 3, 2009

It's about three am here. I'm listening to the wind blow outside, and hearing the bang bang bang of loose siding. This can't be good. Just another thing to add to the fix-it list.

Two weeks left in this term. Yay!! I'm enjoying my classes, though. I had an appointment with my counselor yesterday to fill out my application for graduation. Everything's good to go! Yay! It's only taken me 32 years, but *by gosh* I'm finally getting that degree!!

I wasn't going to do the commencement thing, BUT ... after talking to my dad last night he wants me to go .... says it's not every day he gets to watch his daughter get that long sought after degree. Yes, I'm still a Daddy's girl. What can I say?

Speaking of daughters ... Alien is less than 24 hours from having a c-section. They are estimating the baby weighs between ten and a half and twelve pounds. Ouch! Surgery is at one pm, I won't be going to see her until Friday (she'll be in recovery until after visiting hours are over). I will have pictures of the new baby to post later. Now, I just need to come up with a blog nickname for the little butterball.

Not a whole lot else going on here ... Married Son is back on the road doing long haul driving. He's loving it and missed being on the road for almost two years. Of course, DIL is lost without him, but she's got her family. Heaven knows she's not around here when he's on the road.

I'm enjoying the quiet for the most part. Single Son is still here, but I hardly see him. I do hear sound coming from his room - the movie he's watching, the game he's playing ... whatever. But that's about it.

Guess I should crawl back into my cave now. I have two final exams to study for, and two pieces of jewelry to finish for my jewelry class. I am still designing the ring I'm to make for my final project, and the drawings are due next Monday. No pressure there.

As always, I do follow what's going on with ya'll through email updates. Miss not being around as much as I used to, but know I think of ya'll often ...

Hugs!!

3 comments:

  1. oh wow...a butterball already?!? how time flies! Congrats on teh graduation...and good luck on those finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are going to graduation. It might seem a bit corny, but I think you'll come out of it recognizing even more what a BIG DEAL this is......congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterball was delivered by c-section today (Dec 3) at just after 1 PM. He weighs 9 lbs 13 oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. He and Momma are doing well. I will go tomorrow to meet Butterball, check on Alien, and take plenty of pictures of my new grandson!! I'll post a few within the next few days.

    ReplyDelete