Okay, let me re-think the Prince Charming thing.
So ... what are the Dreams that Keep LCM going?
An empty nest goes without saying. Alien's moved out, the Wrecking Crew has to go, too. Don't care so much if Single Son stays or not ... he's little, if any, bother. But, I'm tired of it all ... the dirty dishes, the turning my living space into storage, the destructiveness, and the total lack of respect by certain persons who are going to remain nameless (but I think you know her name, LOL). The only saving factor is that right now Married Son is paying the bills I just can't afford to pay until I'm employed once again. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place!
Just tonight, going to turn off the night light in Grandson's room because he's not home, and we know we don't need lights in rooms that aren't being used I find that *someone* has used thumbtacks to put up a poster (and it wasn't the resident small person either). Well, poster was then removed, thumbtacks stuck half-assed wherever in the ONLY room in the house that does not need remodeling. We're NOT going to turn any walls in MY house into tack-boards, dammit. Nor is she going to hang pictures. This is supposed to be temporary housing ... they don't need to personalize it.
Bitch session tomorrow. Time for a refresher on "this is MY home, respect it" ... I wonder if she even knows that word ... respect. I've seen the room she grew up in. I've seen the writing on the walls (literally) ... her daddy let them put graffiti on the walls ... with magic markers ... he called it "decorating".
Was I taught wrong? All these years I thought paint, pretty wallpapers, framed artwork hung with the proper hangers, and a room that "comes together" with the proper furnishings and accessories was decorating.
I'm so upset to find out that my mother had no clue. The home I grew up in looked like a picture out of Better Homes and Gardens. We were even the featured home once in the local newspapers "Featured Home" decorating section.
And then she suppressed my creativity by insisting I use the drawing paper and art pencils she so generously and lovingly provided.
*****
Next on my wish list is a job, of course ... this chronic unemployment sucks. I don't want one of those jobs that would pay me so well to allow me buy anything and everything I want ... no, I'm being realistic here ... and besides, I've learned that less is better. What I want is enough of a paycheck that I actually have money left at the end of the pay period to put in a savings account for a much needed vacation! Once a year would be nice. Nowhere fancy or expensive ... even a weekend up in Alpena during the Lighthouse Festival would be a welcome treat!
I figured it out recently, I don't need but $1200-1500 a month to "survive", depending on rent, LOL. And that's including all the utilities, gasoline, insurance, food, cell, internet, and entertainment budgeted in!
Oh, and to get back my smartphone service. I miss it soooo much!
*****
And a new home ... a small place that won't allow room-mates. Oh, I'd like a second bedroom that I can use as my hobby room. It could double as a guest room for the INVITED guest!
I know where I want to move (down to two or three apartment complexes I'd love to call home) ... and I'm sure you've got a good idea of where that is. I even know people in the area (Port Huron in case you hadn't figured it out yet) who are more than happy to have someone to recommend for job openings in their workplaces. I just need to have a job here first so I can finance a move!
Ah dreams ... they provide the escape needed to keep from choking the living shit out of those who deserve it soooooo much.

No comments:
Post a Comment