KUA

KUA

8/5/11

Good grief!!

It's been a couple of weeks already since my last blog. I know ... I keep saying I'm gonna blog more, yet ... well, we see how that works!

Lots of drama going on. Have I mentioned I HATE drama?

My little quote up top sure is true ... some days all I want to be is a missing person.

It's been a lot of days that I've wanted to go missing.

Today isn't one of them. I'm enjoying a quiet day at home. Finally.

*****

Let's start with Alien -sorry Pengy, I know you deleted her from your fb just to get away from it. You may want to skip down to the next topic.

So, Alien ... she's really regretting having married the Knight in Rusty Armor. Then the next day she's putting on fb how wonderful he is. Then she deletes him, saying it's over ... and so on and so forth. The past few days it's been that she's kicked him out of the house, that it's really over this time. Ya, we'll see ... I'm sure next week he'll be back in the house, all lovey dovey and crap.

If I were her (and I'm staying out of it, all this stuff is gleaned from facebook) ... I'd tell him so long. Fare well ... it's been real.

I did talk to her on the phone, she's telling me that they were in counseling as late as last week. He told the counselor that "I'll support a kid if it's mine, but not if they're not". WTH happened to he'd step up and be the father these boys deserve? Oh ... they got married ... he lied about stepping up.

Probably for the best that she kicked him out. I'm tired of bitching at him ... he's got a bad habit of terrorizing Butterball. When the kid is being tickled (roughly at that), twirled in the air (by his arms) or batted around and he cries out "No, STOP" then dammit ... STOP. Don't laugh thinking it's cute that he's terrified!! And I've called him on it more times than I care to count. It's child abuse if you ask me. And I'm not nice when I tell him. That boy does not have the words to tell the Knight off, but I SURE DO!

She needs to get away from him ... for her sake and that of the boys. And I've made myself perfectly clear on this subject!

*****

OKAY PENGUIN GIRL, DONE WITH THAT TOPIC. PICK UP READING HERE if you dare!!

*****
Next gripe ... care to guess who it's directed at? If you said the Wrecking Crew, you'd be right!

Married Son came home for three days. He'd been on the road for almost a month (lucky him). We did manage to get some alone time, but not much. I took advantage of the time to speak my mind about DIL and how I called it right that once he was on the road, she'd pull a disappearing act and forget all about her responsibilities here. He has the audacity to tell me that he doesn't need the stress, that I need to be an adult and deal with it. EXCUSE ME? You leave, but they don't. As long as they're under MY roof, then it's his concern as they are HIS family. I did not marry her, he did! I will stop my complaining ONLY when they've moved out of MY house into their own.

I had to laugh ... we were all in their room, watching some netflix movie while Married Son was home ... I mentioned that Single Son and I were looking into getting basic cable tv. She says "Oh, good. Make sure he gets HBO so I can watch it". Hello? I said BASIC cable ... and who is paying for this anyway? Unbeknownst to me, Single Son happened to have been coming up the stairs and heard it! Later that evening he comes to me with access information for our new netflix account. Said that we'll get cable tv only after the Wrecking Crew is gone! "Why make her more comfortable then we need to?"

Smart lad.

Yet later, I had heard a slamming of a door, sounded to me like the clothes dryer. Going downstairs to investigate, I find one highly irate Single Son (who normally is calm, cool and collected). He's livid that he's once again stuck doing her laundry as she's left for gawd knows where just after she starts a load of laundry - no consideration for anyone! So, he's slamming the doors to the machines. I told him to drop their laundry ON THE FLOOR ... no matter if it's wet or dry ... and leave it. She'll learn eventually that "the management is not responsible for unattended laundry".

I won't get into the three new posters in Grandson's room - all tacked up. We've had that don't use tacks lecture before. Many times before.

... or the curling iron left out, the laundry in the bathroom, the hair in the drain ...

All after three days of being back home when Married Son was here!

I've been checking out sites such as rent.com, and apartment.com and emailing "recommend this apartment to a friend" to Married Son.

*****

In other news, lol ...

Um, there is no other news.

Life plugs on. I'm still job hunting, with no luck. It's frustrating. I'll keep applying, eventually someone's gotta be interested!

Keeping busy with Star Trek stuff, too. Glad to have something besides frontierville and netflix (and our Star Trek digital library) ... to keep me occupied.

Laying in bed last night I had a thought ... you know you're a Trekkie when you hear "Cardassian" and don't think about the Kardashian sisters!! Or that you even know wth I'm talking about!!!! Or worse, you know how to spell Cardassian but have to google Kardashian for the correct spelling. Sad, eh, what goes through my mind?

On that, I'll end this ... before I start boring ya'll with Star Trek stuff!



4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a quiet day - hope some of the problems will get sorted out. Alien doesn't seem to have learnt by her mistakes and your married son doesn't either. They just both need to deal with their own lives and not expect you to have to sort everything out for them!! Easy to say, I know - but at least I only have one out of three to stress about - will they ever grow up?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah all you can do is keep on keeping on. I"m sorry things aren't working for Alien.....and forgive me for asking, but does she have a replacement waiting in the wings? She doesn't do well on her own.

    Bravo for single son....and soon enough DIL will have moved on (crossing fingers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen ... easier said than done is right, but I've been pretty good at it. He left her without a car (and two kids) ... so I have been taking her to the grocery store and to doctor's appointments. At a cost. She must pay for my gas!! And if I'm babysitting (like in the doctor's waiting room) I will take "payment" of a few litres of soda. LOL, I know, I'm cheap. LOL.

    And you're sooooo right, I doubt those two will ever learn. Thank Heaven for Single Son for keeping me (somewhat) balanced!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, good question! I haven't seen that there's a replacement, but then, Mom is always the last to know. However, IF there is, he best have a GOOD job, a RELIABLE car, and be willing to actually FATHER those two boys.

    And you're right ... she does not do good on her own. I'm sure once she gains some maturity she'll do better. That is, if she doesn't further screw up her life.

    ReplyDelete