KUA

KUA

2/18/12

Got that sinking feeling ...

Literally.

My kitchen sink faucet sprung a major leak. One minute it was fine, the next it was showering me while giving me a foot bath.

Not exactly what I had wanted!!

Single Son had fixed the kitchen sink at his gf's sister's house last week. He felt up to the challenge (now remember he'd just been hit by a car last week). After an hour and a half of fighting with the pipes to release the faucet - and a sore back and aching hip later - it finally came off!!

It probably would have been easier had Brother Deere not monkeyed up the original plumbing job when he remodeled my kitchen some ten years ago. A real Rube Goldberg job from what Single Son experienced tonight!

I forgot how many swear words my son knows!! Granted he's 32, not like I'm hearing those words out of oh ... say Grandson's mouth. But still ... he'd have made a sailor blush for the entire time he was laying (mostly) in the cupboard.

And we're not done yet. In the process of removing the stupid faucet he damaged some connector or the other, so I have to run up to Home Depot tomorrow while he's at work to get new connectors (better replace them both, right?).

*****

Single Son ended up feeling a lot of pain the day or two after his accident. He still went to work, but I guess the pain was so bad he ended up going back to his doctors office for a pain shot. With no designated driver either. He said the drive back was scary, being stoned on pain shots and all. I called him an idiot ... the very type of person he loves to bust when he's working his cop job.

His gf was so mad at him that she's insisting she go with him to the next doctor's appointment. He won't say no to her, she's the type that will bitch and bitch about it for months to come (you go, girl).

*****

Speaking of Single Son and the gf. They were turned down for a loan for a mobile home near her sister's place (something about not enough recent credit activity). Now it's on to apartment hunting. Not sure when he'll be moving for sure, but I'm sure he'll tell me as he's headed out the door to his new place. Yeah, he's like that ... "See you later, Mom. Here's my new address".

*****

Yeah!! I finally get a paycheck next week. He owes me three weeks of pay. So as to not have more taxes taken out with the larger checks, he'll be taking three weeks to repay me. Believe me, when you make as little as I do, every extra dollar helps!!

*****

I just realized I haven't blogged anything StarFleet in about two months. Gotta fix that. Maybe next month, since there's not a lot happening that I could even blog about. Oh ... there's one thing ... we're planning on a trip to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra (DSO) Hall for a Star Trek vs. Star Wars concert. We are required to wear our uniforms (per the DSO). We do get free entry to the concert, free parking ... and invitations to meet George Takei (Sulu on the Original Series!) ... to say we're geeked is an understatement. I love George!! We have such an interest in this event that the four Michigan chapters of StarFleet will all be coming - in uniform. Human, Klingon and I hear a Romulan or two even!! And we'll all greet the concert-goers as they enter the Hall.

Gawd, I'm such a geek!!!


2 comments:

  1. Nice to know you're getting paid. Hope your son's pain eases soon - hopefully a girlfriend will send him in the right direction. I live in hope that my son will find the right girl to take over sorting out his mess from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, thanks. Son's no longer in pain. I'm not entirely sure if this is the right one for him ... but he's 32. I'm keeping out of this one and letting him make his own decisions!!

    ReplyDelete