And yes, it's same ol', same ol' where the Wrecking Crew is concerned.
In other news, Alien, The Knight in Rusty Armor, the boys, Gadget and I went to the annual fireworks a few days ago. Hotter than heck that day, and poor Gizmo had to work it.
Surprise of surprises, The Knight was actually tolerable!! In fact, he was actually enjoyable to be around.
However, Gadget was less enjoyable to be around. This was her first time at the Lake Orion fireworks. You'd have thought she'd never been to any fireworks show by the way she acted. She just couldn't seem to understand that the fireworks didn't start until after dark (really ??), that glow sticks can't be seen real well in the daylight ... and kept asking me (ten times at least, no kidding) where we parked. Worse than a toddler ... bugging me "when do the fireworks start?" ... or getting all excited when someone lit off fireworks, and she'd yell "oh, here we go. They started". No they didn't ... that's private parties lighting them off ... the REAL fireworks start over there" (as I'd point to where they'd be coming from. And not just once, but every freaking time someone lit a firework off). Oy ... she should have watched two toddlers to see how to behave!! It was crazy!
Anyway ... here's a pic of Alien and The Knight.
No, that's not a baby bump ... as Alien said "I'm not fat, I'm just easy to see". Yup, she's my kid ... down to being "huggable" in size. Hehehe ....
The boys got really excited when they saw the Dragon Boat. Yes, it looks like a dragon ... and it actually breaths fire!!
Short history ... according to wikipedia (disclaimer, I really don't like to quote wikipedia, but the fact theirs was the only site with history that i could find) ... and I quote ...
The story of the Lake Orion Dragon says that sometime in the 1800s a group of local kids played a prank by building a fake dragon and launching it out in the lake. A number of people saw it and soon Lake Orion was known for its dragon. There are a number of stories around about who made it and how they built it but it is widely agreed that it was a prank.
"That same year [1894] the Lake Orion 'dragon' made its entrance into Orion history. First seen by two ladies near the present Robert’s Rondevoo cove, the animal grew in length as the story grew in listeners. What had started out as an average-sized lake monster was claimed by some to be at least eighty feet long. Detroit and other newspapers joshingly suggested, upon hearing of the behemoth, that Orion residents should 'drink more well water in the future.'' The nickname of Lake Orion High School's sports teams (the Dragons) is derived from this.
Here's the link if you want to read all about Lake Orion.
*****STAR TREK ALERT*****
Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone ... we had a credit on our electric bill this month (we're on the monthly budget plan), so instead of telling Gizmo about it, I decided to say nothing and pocket the extra money for myself. Hey, seems only fair, as it is where else can one live for just the cost of utilities? This is my "pay" for putting up with a not so empty nest.
So, where does Star Trek come into this?? I bought a Star Trek uniform shirt with the money!! The Next Generation style shirt. I'm sooooo ready now for the International Convention (I.C). next month. Or I will be when the shirt arrives next week! And I'm definitely gonna need it since the CS (Commander of STARFLEET) has personally asked me to participate in the Honor Guard Ceremony!!
I still need to take pictures of the crafts I've done. Especially now that they're going to be donated to the "Ferengi Flea Market" at the I.C. I'm hearing all proceeds go to the American Diabetes Association. Of course I'm gonna donate!!
*****End Star Trek*****
Not a lot else going on here today. I need to get ready ... we're going to Brother Deere's house for Daddy's birthday celebration a little later today. They will be meeting Gadget for the first time today. I sure hope she is over whatever got into her at the fireworks. Or this could be a birthday Daddy won't soon forget!!
*****
Enjoy your Fourth!!

enjoy yours too, and happy birthday to your dad!
ReplyDeleteAnd...
Number one, go take a number two! (Potty humor...hahaha, I crack myself up!)