1) Had a scare last night with the cat Ringo. He was sitting on the laundry hamper in the bathroom while I was getting ready for bed. For no reason other than he's not coordinated to begin with, he fell off the hamper. It would have been hysterically funny had he not gone into a seizure almost as soon as he hit the floor. He's never had a seizure before ... so the two minute ordeal pretty much freaked me out. He seemed a little wobbly for a few minutes afterwards, but seems to be fine today.
2) Speaking of laundry hampers ... in an effort to get the kids to stop abandoning their clothes in the middle of the bathroom floor I went out and bought two hampers - one for each of the ones that still live at home. So ... the hampers weren't in the bathroom for ten minutes before Ringo had *moved* into Alien's hamper. Poor Alien, has to check to make sure she's not burying the cat before she throws her dirty laundry into it!! What's really odd is that when I first adopted Ringo I also bought him a fancy cat bed. He never once set paw into it!! Yet, every cardboard box I bring in - or new hampers, laundry baskets and other storage devices he moves into until the next new item is brought into the house. Weird cat? Or is that normal? I've never before had a cat do the things that this one does.
3) Married Son decided last week to get back into long haul truck driving. He is presently *stuck* in Nebraska, waiting on a load to bring back toward Michigan. He's been stuck there since Thursday. Can't make money if he and his truck are sitting idle. Thank heaven for WiFi cards and WiFi enabled truck stops or we'd not have a clue as to where he is.
4) And speaking of Married Son ... he's changed business plans yet again. He's so frustrated with the state of the economy and how hard it is to get a decent job up here in Michigan (estimated 11% unemployment here right now) ... that he's decided that he's moving to Kentucky ASAP and will start the Pilot Car company the first of next year. We'll see what happens. Plans seem to really change (almost daily sometimes) with Married Son. He's a good man, but he gets impatient when it comes to getting the business going.
5) I really like my Small Business instructor. Not only does he make class fun, but he makes himself available to his students for any reason. I talked to him today after class about Married Son's timing on possibly moving, especially with the current economic situation. He put my mind at ease ... yeah, it's a gamble (maybe even more so in this economy) to start your own business, BUT if the economy is to improve, those risk takers need to initiate growth and the sooner the better. Teacher also helped me to see that what's bothering me most is not the risk he's taking, but that Grandson won't be 5 minutes away anymore. He'll be six hours away. Makes sense. The kids moving away won't be too hard. Yeah, I'll miss them but we've had a lifetime to bond. And now here's Grandson - who I'm still in the beginning of a lifetime of bonding with ... and now he's gonna be moving so far away. It's going to be a long year and a half before I can join them.
6) I've decided I totally *hate* working in groups. Not that I don't like working with others, but in group projects it always seems to end up that one or two carry the weight of the entire group. Case in point ... my Saturday Small Business/Entrepreneurship class. Started out with four in the group ... now it's three of us. Only ... I'm the only one who ever shows up for class and does ALL of the assignments. This teacher warned us that if we didn't like working in groups already, we would by the time this class was over. Boy did he hit that nail on the head. Nice thing is that he deducts points from absent teammates and gives them to the ones that actually do the work or show up for class every week.
No comments:
Post a Comment