
What a leisurely day this is turning out to be! No waking up at the crack of dawn by little ones excitedly screaming "Santa was here! Santa was here!" I kinda like it. But I admit, I do miss it, too. Christmas just isn't the same with the kiddies all grown up. Sure, there's Grandson but they're not here yet. They're having Christmas Breakfast with her folks. We'll open our gifts when they get here later this afternoon. Single Son is still sleeping. You don't know how bad I wanna bust into his room and yell "Santa was here! Santa was here!". Would make up for a lot of years of the kids doing it to me. Think if I jumped on his bed I'd be carrying it too far? LOL! But I won't ... the last thing I recommend to anyone is barging in on a sleeping COP and screaming anything. I'd like to be able to go to my cousin's house for dinner tonight and not be in the emergency room being patched up, ya know?
So, that's what we're doing. We're headed out to my Cuz's house for dinner and family gifts. We don't need to be there until 5 PM. I told the kids we had to leave here by 4 PM. It's only a twenty minute drive ... BUT they way they are all late for everything I learned a long time ago to lie about what time we need to be there. Now watch, this'll be the one day in their lives that they're all actually ready to leave when I say we have to leave.
I'm sorta excited this year. I get to meet Cuz's granddaughter. She's just celebrated her first birthday and I've never seen her!
Hoping ya'll have a very Merry Christmas! And that Santa brings you everything you want!

So, that's what we're doing. We're headed out to my Cuz's house for dinner and family gifts. We don't need to be there until 5 PM. I told the kids we had to leave here by 4 PM. It's only a twenty minute drive ... BUT they way they are all late for everything I learned a long time ago to lie about what time we need to be there. Now watch, this'll be the one day in their lives that they're all actually ready to leave when I say we have to leave.
I'm sorta excited this year. I get to meet Cuz's granddaughter. She's just celebrated her first birthday and I've never seen her!
Hoping ya'll have a very Merry Christmas! And that Santa brings you everything you want!

Merry Xmas
ReplyDeleteLOL..do it I dare ya! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYou have to admit, that would have been funny.... teehee! Don't know if I would have been able to resist! lol!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a very Merry Christmas w/ the fam!
I didn't get brave (or is that stupid) enough to barge into his room screaming "Santa was here! Santa was here!" ... Good thing, too. Single Son woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Mr Grumpy is what he was ... he snapped out of it after a shower ...
ReplyDelete