The Good
Just lately realized Married Son's cat was pregnant by Shiloh before he ran away a while back. She gave birth on Friday to two beautiful and healthy kitties. They're precious. I will *not* be keeping one of them, though. Just don't have the time or money at this point in my life to adopt a new furbaby.
Single Son has taken his Lieutenant's exam. His score was 98%. Now all he has to do is go up before the review board for the promotion to happen. I was joking with him, "great now I have to learn how to spell Lieutenant". He said "easy Mom, L T period" Oy vey.
The Bad
Married Son was taken to the E.R. Friday morning in extreme pain. Turns out it's kidney stones. He'll be fine. You know me ... I can't let an opportunity slide for teasing him ... so I've called him Stoney, a stoner ... and stick and stones (in reference to his skiing into a tree years ago). The best one so far was DIL calling him "Pebbles".
The Ugly
Also Friday ... It's been five months since that whole Alien running away incident. I hadn't heard from her in a while so decided to check her myspace to see if there were any updates there. OMG! I am NOT reading the words "Mommy, I'm Pregnant" in her banner headline. Oh yes I am! Shit ... this is not what I wanted to read, but at the same time it doesn't surprise me in the least. That damned sperm donor of hers does not supervise her ... gave her that freaking car (and $50 a week for "allowance") ... doesn't discipline ... allows her to do what she wants when she wants where she wants ... and makes no rules. She's been seeing a 31 year old ... remember she's ONLY 17, and Bubba never took that damned car away! !! I've begged him to take away the car, her phone and her computer ... but no, one excuse after the other on why he wouldn't take things away or forbid her from seeing him and here we are now. I called him at work on Saturday ... I was livid! He knew about it, he had found out earlier in the week when he saw the doctor's physical exam paper that was needed before she could be put on the pill - at the bottom of the paper it said "pregnant". And he didn't bother to call me! Said he assumed she had already told me. HELLO? WTF did we talk about not last month when I told him (and he agreed) "never assume she's told the other parent, we need to open communications. I'd rather hear something twice than not at all". I went to town on his ass! Something I should have done years ago ... but sadly the damage is done. I guess she's due in November. And from the sounds of it she's going to be marrying that asshole who knocked her up in October when she turns 18. And asshole is putting it mildly ... he's a chronic liar (to the point we believe he's given us a false name), refuses to get a job, is a control freak, vulgar, and the "best" ... he's a convicted felon. What his crime was, I don't know - he's told us three different stories on his crime, but he's got to take monthly drug tests and is on probation for a lot of years to come. He is not allowed in my home (part because I won't let him, part because it's a parole/probation violation for him to be around weapons - Son's a cop, we have weapons in the home), and will actually go back to jail for a long time if he tries (oh, let him try, let him TRY to gain entry). And she thinks this moron is desirable WHY? What type of life will she have with this loser? And that poor baby. My god. She'll be responsible for raising it, and working, and taking care of everything his pathetically lazy ass won't. Including driving him everywhere, I don't know why but he's forbidden from having a license while on probation.
So much for the future she dreamed of not a year ago ... she's even dropped out of school from what I'm gathering.
She is my daughter, she messed up big time ... I will be there for her as her mother, but I will NOT financially support in anyway this decision she's made. I will have nothing to do with him. He needs to support his child ... and he better be man enough to do so.
She's pretty much avoiding everyone ... so all I've been able to gather is from either her myspace page, or her friends myspace pages.
I'm past feeling sick to my stomach today. I'm hurt, shocked, devastated, and disappointed. I have no idea how long it will take for her to face up to her actions and contact me. I'm guessing it'll be weeks yet.
I'd really like to go into hiding myself at this point in time. But we know that ain't gonna happen. I face my responsibilities ... I'll hide after the semester ends. Hopefully.
Lisa, I'm so sorry......
ReplyDeleteEm, thanks ... I'm still reeling from it. Trying to stay focused with school work.
ReplyDeleteI just read her update on myspace ... and it reads ... " ~* Mommy *~ I can't wait til Monday! I'm finding out how far I am! I'm kinda scared but excited! J and I are offically engaged now! So we have a wedding to plan soon! "
Oy freaking vey.
Like we talked about on Friday (or was it yesterday?), don't make this YOUR problem. Yes, she messed up big time. Not to mention that a 31 year old has absolutely NO business even going out with a MINOR. Couldn't married son find out what crime he committed?? I think I've known Cory now since she was 3 or 4... I never imagined that she would end up in this mess. She was so far ahead of my blooming idiot and now she's going down the same path. You have every right to feel hurt, shocked, devastated and disappointed but don't let her bad decisions ruin YOUR life. You've done an amazing job with school. Try to stay focused and in control. I know it's harder than it sounds. Been there!! If you need to vent again, just blog away! We are all here for you!
ReplyDeleteoh...wow....
ReplyDelete(((hug)))
I read this in my email earlier and was horrified that things have gotten to this point with Cory and this guy.
ReplyDeleteI agree with pengy none of this is your problem.
Is Bubba going to be financially supporting the baby? Doesn't sound like the father is or can.
I'd be employing your son to see exactly what he can find out about this guy too.
Congrats to single son on his LT's examination.
Hope Pebbles is feeling better soon.
big hugs Lisa!!!
As far as "finding out about this guy" - there really isn't anything to be gained except alienating "Alien" even more. Like most kids that age - she's set on her path and no amount of showing or telling is going to change things, she'll have to find out about life on her own.
ReplyDeleteIt sucks, I know.......but I was a pregnant 16 year old and I remember no one could tell me anything.....as scared as I was....I sure wasn't going to admit that I had no idea what I was up against. There was a lot of growing up to be done real fast - but it all turned out OK.....
Congrats to Single Son!
ReplyDeleteKidney stones suck! I certainly hope Stoney/Pebbles (LMAO) gets to feeling better soon.
Oh Alien, honey. I am so sorry. I have no words of wisdom in this situation but I can offer my support or an ear if you need one. I do agree with everyone else though, SHE messed up, not you, don't let this derail you from your goals. {{HUGS}}
Something good HAS to come of this. It just may take some time to see it. Hang in there and keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteReality will hit her eventually.
Yup ... there's nothing that really can be done - what's happened has happened. I'm fighting, but winning with letting this go - that she made her mistakes, she's the one that has to live with them.
ReplyDeleteSingle Son can't check into his background without just cause. There's laws out there to protect us from being searched (background included) without reason. Right now, there's NO reason. Yes, he's a felon ... but unless he commits a crime or is pulled over, there's no reason for the law to check his record. Besides, she's over 16, which is the age of consent in Michigan.
She still hasn't surfaced. No one's seen her for about a week now.
I pray that good comes out of this. But I can't see that happening until she dumps that loser. Hell, I was 19 and barely married six months when Single Son was born. It wasn't easy ... but we survived.
And Em, you're right ... to say or do anything at this point would only alienate her further. She's definitely one of those bullheaded ones who can't be told a damned thing. Always has been ... probably always will be.