KUA

KUA

5/15/09

Friday Stuff ...

Been a few days since I've blogged. LOL.

I've decided to let Peanut go to the adoptive family instead of the one we haven't yet named. Peanut has proved to be much better with small children. The adoptive fur-parents have a toddler. So, it's only natural to give them the kitten that gets along well with small children.

The other kitten, the one I'm keeping instead has not been officially named. We'd been calling him shit-head, but that name has to go. I started calling him "Tribble" (from the TOS episode called "The Trouble With Tribbles") ... as much for my love of Star Trek as the fact he's a fluffy hairball. And he's trouble!! He loves to climb up my body as I'm standing at the stove. Oh, he's picky. If I'm making a sandwich he doesn't care. But the minute I start frying fish he's all over me. And I have fish at least three times a week!! He'll sit on my shoulder until I actually give him a sample. He also love to wait for me to pass and pounce. At least I think it's a him, it never dawned on me to look to see what *it* is until just now! Ah well, either way, we're keeping him ... her ... whatever it proves to be.

Back when my computer crashed a few weeks ago I lost all my information. And I mean all of it. I've spent the last day plugging my genealogy information back into my Family Tree Maker program. OMG!! I forgot how much information I had gathered in the two decades I'd been researching the family tree. No lying, LOL, there's got to be two thousand names of ancestors (starting with Grandson) in my notebooks. It'll take me a week at the rate I'm going to get the basic information recorded. It'll take months to plug in all those dates I have to fill in!

I've been offered a very part time job. Seems Single Son's department needs a photographer for the events they have planned this year. Starting this weekend with a Flower Show ... and ending with the Christmas Parade this winter. Cool!! I'm there for most events anyway, why not photograph it for the village? Pay isn't great, but that's not what I'm doing it for!! I'm doing it 'cause they said "purty please". Besides, my best photos will be on the department's website.

I really need to get some Elsie's Attic inventory up on eBay. The problem has been deciding what line of merchandise I want to carry. My wholesaler has such a wide selection (3000+ items) that it's been interesting to narrow it down to a hundred or so. I'm thinking candles, incense, oils, burners, candle holders, water fountains ... relaxation and meditation items. A few lighthouse, dolphins and fantasy (dragons) items will round out the collection.

Ah well ... that's my Friday. Hope ya'll have a good day and a great weekend!!


4 comments:

  1. I'd love to get paid to take pictures...jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photography gig sounds great! My mom and brother are into all the geneology stuff. I have no idea how much they've collected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty, don't be too jealous, it's not much pay. The reward (I'm told) is having some of my photos on the village's webpage. Then again, I know the webmaster ... yup, Single Son. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leann, it's going to be a lot of fun. Oh yeah ... and reserved parking and VIP access to all the events. LOL. I feel *important* now!!

    It's fun to see what your ancestors did for a living ... the cities they lived in ... the places they moved to ... and possibly what it was that brought them to the area they finally settled in. Lots and lots of nuts in that family tree, not to mention a few surprises along the way. All the data that myself, my mom, aunts, uncles and cousins have un-dug has only led to further research ... like their daily lives. And why maybe I am the way I am. Lots of questions ... lots of answers!! Fun fun!!

    ReplyDelete