Mom called me yesterday. We talked. She asked how the boys were, but not Alien. Remember she does know about the hassles of the past few months with Alien, but *not* the pregnant part. I had thought Alien told her, at least that's what Alien told me ... but I'm suspecting it was another lie out of Alien's mouth. At least based on Mom's composure during the call. When DIL got pregnant with Grandson Mom got all quivery in the voice and then the tears began. Family disgrace, disappointment, what about the kid ... all that stuff. She's not doing it now, which really makes me believe she doesn't know yet. I'm kinda figuring Alien lied to me in hopes that I'd ask Mom "so what do you think about Alien being pregnant?" That way I let the cat out of the bag so to speak. And I'm not gonna do it. No sirree. And we know why.
So, the conversation went pretty well with Mom. Aunt So-and-so isn't doing well, and Mom doesn't think she'll last the summer. Brother Deere pinched a nerve in his back and is off work. That's tough on Brother Deere, he's a major work-a-holic. The down time has to really be getting to him. And a whole lot more family gossip was said. Then Mom asks about school and how my finals were going.
Next thing I know, she's telling me she needs the title to my car (it's in her name, remember) ... that she's selling it! Um ... hello? What brought this on? Now how am I to get back and forth wherever? She says the car is ugly, that it's broken ... too much of a money pit and going to need more repairs. It's a bad car and has out lived it's usefulness.
Then she goes on to tell me something unrelated. I don't even remember what now. A few minutes later she goes back to the car conversation. Selling car ... too expensive ... need title. It wasn't until after I finally voiced "Mom, don't sell the car until at least after I'm done with the semester. I need to get to classes on Monday". It's only then she told me my Aunt Silly bought a new car and is giving me her old car!!
Whew!! And here I was about to freak. Figured even that maybe she *did* know about Alien and this was her way of saying she's upset. It was all a prank! Whew!!
I don't know much about the car. It's got half the miles my old car does ... 85,000. And all well maintained miles at that. I believe it's a Mercury Sable, but don't hold me to it. I think it's blue (at least if I remember right). LOL. Not sure when Aunt Silly takes delivery of her new car - a Ford Fusion. But as soon as she does I make the short drive to go get her old car.
Married Son is buying my old car from Mom. DIL needs a vehicle badly. It's better than the one she has now (which isn't saying much).
Other than that ... it's my last weekend before the end of the semester. Need to get that research project done and emailed to my group. It's on the business risks and opportunities of Google. Sounds thrilling, eh?

Boy, Alien was really setting you up to take the brunt of the anger, huh? You are too smart for that!
ReplyDeleteYAY for new cars! It sounds like this car is nicer than your last, so that rocks!
Have a great weekend!
Leann, that's what I'm suspecting ... that she set me up. To be honest she's never liked my parents, and I'm not sure why. I always suspected two strong personalities such as theirs just clash badly. And yeah, I guess I'm too smart for that, then again it's experience. Been there done that!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen the car since last Christmas, and I really don't remember details about it. But, knowing Aunt Silly, the car will be in next to new condition. Mom was also telling me she just had a tune up and oil change done on the car and it's got brand new tires and a new battery.
Geeked? You bet I am. I was just texting a friend that it'll be nice to have a reliable car so I can go to those places the Grand Am wouldn't let me go to ... like Port Huron!! Yup, I'm planning a day trip to my fave Port Huron park for later next week. Celebrate the end of semester and the new car. Hehe.
Aren't families complicated, my kids turn on the charm with my mother - she doesn't know half of what they get up to. We have a lot of 'don't tell Grannie' conversations but she'd be more stressed than me if she knew, lol
ReplyDeleteHelen Jo, OMG!! We have a lot of those "don't tell grandma" conversations, too!! My boys turn on the charm for Grandma ... the daughter, well ... that's a different story!
ReplyDeleteI just don't get it.
Woohoo a new car.. I need an aunt like yours, I need a new car...one dayLOL
ReplyDeleteI have those conversations too, don't tell nanna or don't tell auntie etc. Alien def needs to tell the news and I hope you dont get caught in the fall out!!
Helen ... AND SOON?? Yep, I agree. I told her the last time I talked to her that she just can't walk in on Christmas Day and say to my mom "Here, hold the baby, I need to go get the diaper bag out of the car". Riiiiiiiiiiight, like that'd ever happen. Alien's already blown my family off for Christmas!
ReplyDeleteReally? So young and sooo silly... she doesn't have a clue that this might be a great time to try and pull her family closer to her, having a baby coming soon she really should be rallying for support!
ReplyDelete