KUA

KUA

5/9/09

Rainy Saturday

Bet ya'll will be glad when I've seen to new Star Trek movie and tone it down on my blog a bit.

But before I do, here's more Trek stuff you're gonna have to tolerate.

You know Single Son was contacted by the radio station last night to do the movie review. He'd never reviewed a movie before. At least not "formally". So .... I helped him do a little research last night on how to do a proper movie review so he was well prepared for this morning's phone call. He said the call went great, that he was very well prepared for it. It was a *live* broadcast, no room for errors. At least not for my son, who strives for perfection. Especially in front of the television cameras or radio microphones.

I wasn't *allowed* to listen to it, as he did give a spoiler or two ... and I didn't want the experience to be ruined for me. He did say he added a spoiler disclaimer to the beginning of the broadcast. LOL. I wonder how many listeners turned off their radio so as to not have it spoiled for them, too. That wouldn't have made the radio station too happy, I'm sure.

He'll give me the link to the website once it's posted. Should take a few days before it's up. By then I'll have seen the movie and it'll be *safe* for me to listen.

Aren't ya'll glad I'm not a Super-Trekkie like Single Son is? He eats, breathes and sleeps Star Trek. Me ... I go in spurts depending on what's going on in the Trek Universe.

And today's a big day for me. LOL. We've followed all the gossip, hype and excitement from the time they first started talking about the movie a few years back.

I've got the Shuttle all fueled up. Just waiting for the clock to show me it's time to go.

Hope your Saturday is a great one!!


7 comments:

  1. You're not a "Super-Trekkie" ??? You sure had me fooled!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, nope, I'm not a super Trekkie ... only a Trekkie. I don't eat, breathe and sleep Trek. Not yet anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked all day and then my daughters decided we should walk down town to get some ice cream so we got all dressed up and put on some of the jewelry my oldest daughter is now selling. When we got there we decided to have dinner instead. By the time we got out of the restaurant it was thundering lightning and raining. We tried to walk home as fast as we could, but just as we neared the house, about 4 blocks away, a flash of pink lightning streaked out of the sky right in front of us and scared the crap out of us all. My little one ran all the way home leaving me and her sister behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty, Yipes!!!! Sounds like one interesting night!! To say the least. Glad you all made it home safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited? Yuppers!! And well worth the wait to see the movie, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I can't wait to hear how you liked it!

    ReplyDelete