I won't say anything about the movie itself so I don't ruin the plot for anyone. All I'll say is that ya'll just have to go see it. It's a must see for Trekkies. Sci-fi buffs will enjoy it, too ... as will non-Trekkies. On our way out of the theatre we heard quite a few "WOW!! That was great. I could get into Star Trek after this"!
I give it ...
as those two movie dudes say.
as those two movie dudes say.
I went with two friends from the USS Sinclair (our Star Trek club) to see it. I'm so glad that LD pre-purchased our tickets. The IMAX show was sold out by the time we got to the theatre. I'd strongly suggest you pre-purchase your tickets, too. Especially if you're going to see it in IMAX.
Afterwards we stopped at Burger King for our Star Trek glasses and fun meal toys. Yes, I had a fun meal, just to get my Star Trek toy!!
Lol...how fun!
ReplyDeleteKitty, it was fun!!!! OMG ... it was an absolute BLAST!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to go again!! Next time is at the Detroit Science Center's domed IMAX theatre. Now that'll be an experience!!
My girls are taking me to see Dane Cook tomorrow for Mothers Day! I can't wait either!!
ReplyDeleteDane Cook!!! Married Son and DIL have seen him live on stage. Be prepared to laugh yourself silly!
ReplyDeleteI will, he is coming to our town for the second year, we missed him last year. By the time we knew he was going to be here tickets were 300 dollars each. This time as soon as I heard he was playing on Mothers Day, I emailed my daughter at work and said "you're taking me right?"
ReplyDeleteGOOD FOR YOU!! Three hundred a ticket? Ouch!!! I have no idea what DIL's father paid for their tickets, but it was Son and DIL's anniversary gift last year.
ReplyDeleteMy Mother's Day gift was my Star Trek ticket.
It's good to get what you want huh?
ReplyDeleteHeck yeah!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh another review of love for the star trek movie =)
ReplyDeleteHappy to read/see you enjoyed it sooo much!!
OMG!!! Did I enjoy it and HOW!!!!
ReplyDeleteI tried all day long to get a matinee ticket for this movie and couldn't. I'll give it a shot during this week.
ReplyDeleteOK, after the disaster that was ST The Motion Picture, I have to know does this movie have a strong story? because strong, thought-provoking stories were a key element of ST-TOS
ReplyDeleteGood story, just not sure if I liked it. Without giving too much of the story away, I was hoping for a good filling in on the backstory. Instead, JJ Abrams took it in an entirely different direction.
ReplyDeleteBill, good luck!! Hope you get tix!! It's a great show!
ReplyDeleteKitty, I think it really does have a good strong story behind it. I won't give anything away, but I really liked it. It doesn't lack the way the last two movies did.
ReplyDeletetmess, I like the direction JJ Abrams took the story line. A few twists, turns and surprises, but in the end it all came out great. He did seem to leave the ending open ... think there's any sequels in the works? That's the feeling we're getting over at one of our Star Trek groups.
ReplyDeleteIn all honesty, we do have a die-hard TOS fan in the group that refuses to give an opinion of the movie until he's seen it a few times. He says at this point it seems to leave a bitter taste in his mouth, so to speak. He doesn't like some of the timing, where certain characters where introduced in the movie as opposed to the series.
Me, I'm not *counting rivets* ... I don't mind that a few of the details may not correspond exactly as they were in Roddenberry's TOS ... it's that Abrams works them well into a great script.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Will you be buying it on DVD when it comes out?
ReplyDeleteLeann, personally I won't, but only because Single Son will definitely be adding it to his collection. He's got every episode of each of the series, including the cartoons, and every movie. I have 24 hour access to his library. Hehehe ....
ReplyDeleteYou're right, it was awesome. John took me for Mother's Day. It was so much fun seeing the characters as they might have looked young. They did such a good job picking actors that fit the parts. I will definately watch it again. I was very impressed.
ReplyDeleteDi, I agree, they did a great job picking the actors. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, too!!
ReplyDelete