KUA

KUA

5/7/09

Thursday Thoughts ...

I had a ziploc bag with some left over pierogi and beer-cooked bratwurst in it. I was soooo looking forward to them for lunch today. Only ... The Gremlin has returned. The brats are there, but there's no sign the pierogi was ever in the bag. Single Son is getting ready for a night out (see below). I barged in while he's getting ready and hung the half empty bag in front of his face. "Officer, I'd like to report a grand larceny". Straight faced he said "Can you describe the missing pierogi, Ma'am". BUSTED!! I had said nothing about pierogi being missing!! Only the thief would have know about it! He knew he was busted but only snickered. I doubt he'll ever confess - or replace the missing pierogi either!

I talked to my mom today. "So what are you going to do about Alien" she asks. Do? What's there to do, the damage is done. For the first time since Mom found out she showed emotion - she cried. She told me about a journal I had supposedly written when the boys were young, about how sad and lonely I felt even though I was married (to the first husband). She said she cried when she read it. Funny, I don't remember writing a journal. I can't imagine writing something like that. It'd have been too risky, the ex could have found it. But I'm not going to argue with my mother. Anyway ... something like that would have been great reading material for Alien - IF indeed it really did exist.

Yay!! I get to pick my new car up early next week. That gives me part of the weekend to clean out the old car for DIL. I had thought about trashing it for her ... but decided not to be a witch like that. Tempting as it is.

Tomorrow is Grandson's 4th birthday. Man ... he's getting old!! He's going through this really annoying "Gramma watch this" and then "watch watch watch" ... or "Look, Gramma. Look! Look! Look!" Annoying as hell I tell ya!

So ... Single Son is going to the Detroit Science Center for tonight's opening of the new Star Trek movie in IMAX. A bunch of our chapter members are going as Exhibition volunteers for the double event (The Exhibition and IMAX). I passed the chance. Partly because I still don't have a uniform, but a lot had to do with the fact that the exhibit Single Son and I would have been guides for - well, I just don't know enough about that episode. He'll be better off on his own than having to have to help Mommy along. For you Trek fans, it's "The City On the Edge of Forever". The DSC has the time portal that transported McCoy to the 1930s. And that's all I know about it. Not enough to play Trek Guide.

I'll see the IMAX version of Star Trek on Saturday with a few friends from the *Bounty Station* ... the American and Canadian group I belong to. I'm geeked. It'll be my first IMAX movie. I hear once you go IMAX you never go back!

I'll miss Grandson's birthday party, though. It's on Saturday at the same time as the movie starts. I felt bad at first, until DIL reminded me that the place they're going to is really kid oriented (imagine a huge rodent serving pizza). I hate that place!! Not the rodent, I don't hate rodents. It's the screaming kids that I can't handle. Not with out earplugs and a serious amount of alcohol in me.

Okay ... last two super-geek things then I'll leave ya'll alone. Promise. LOL.

This is what the Star Trek bracelet *slash* flash drive looks like. I put my order form in the mail today. Should be about two months before I get it. Damn ... you'd think they'd be able to just put it in a transporter and transport it right over ...



The flash drive clips into the band and voila!! Instant Geek Jewelry!!

So while I was looking for the above image online I ran across this. Great ... something else I want!! LOL! At least this one is on a box of waffles. We know the Gremlin LOVES waffles!!



You realize I haven't been so freaking geeked about the goodies in cereal boxes (or send in the tokens promotions) since Fruity Pebbles offered a rubber-band powered Flint-Mobile back in the early 70s?

And don't get me started on Burger King's promotion!! Collectors glasses (four different ones, lol) and prizes in the Fun Meals! If you're like me and are either without a life or are a Trekkie check out this link from Burger King. It's a hoot!! http://www.whenkingonsattack.com/

K ... your faithful Trekkie Squirrel signing out ...

8 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha!!! You crack me up!

    I guess the gremlin really never goes away, huh?

    I hate Chuck E. Cheese's too, but it makes the kids happy. I suck it up a couple times a year for their sake. But the NOISE....UGH!

    I looooove your geek things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leann!!!

    I've given up on being Gremlin-free. Just ain't gonna happen in this lifetime, methinks!

    OMG!!!!! I just received a phone call from the local newspaper!! The Oakland Press ... doing an interview for the upcoming release of the movie! The reporter got my name and number from Single Son. He had barely enough time to warn me "hey Mom, someone is going to call you. Do NOT tell them you're my mother". So ... we did a fifteen minute interview over the phone, she even asked me if I have a picture of myself in uniform (thankfully I don't!). And I never once mentioned he's my son .. so ... shhhhhhhhhh. It's our little secret!!

    You know I'll post the article here once I buy a paper!! Oh wait!! I don't need to buy a paper. The paper boy lives here (Married Son).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO ... Just got off the phone with Single Son, "so how'd your interview go, Mom?" Told him it went great, the reporter was a hoot and we had fun. I assured him our secret (mother and son) was safe. I told him she asked for a picture. He reminded me one does exist with me in my Starfleet shirt ... the one we had taken at the DSC at the Transporter. He's emailing her the picture!! Grrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'M WONDERING WHAT YOUR MOM WANTED YOU 'TO DO'.
    How cool about the interview ~ why the mom and son secrecy though?

    7 weeks for geek jewelery? LOL Ok I have nothing smart to say now sheesh hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea what Mom wanted me to do ... and knowing my mom, I'm afraid to ask!!

    I'm assuming that Son is worried about credibility ... I mean, how serious can you take an interview if Mommy's talking, too? If it were a family run business it might be different. But this is Starfleet for Pete's sake. Or is that for Jim's sake? As in Captain James T. Kirk ... LMAO ...

    Yeah, can you believe it? Seven weeks!!

    And a new development. Son called me on his way home from the DSC. Says it was a media circus. He was interviewed by all the major television news programs, both major newspapers, and of course our interview earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting about the newspaper! I really hope to see that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not playing on IMAX here in Sac, it's just on IMAX in southern cal as far as I know, but we plan on going to the regular theatre tomorrow (early) to see it. I hope we can get in by then. Maybe most people will either be in church or with their moms for Mothers Day. From what I've read, this is going to be a real good one. All the characters when they were young. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di, OMG!! I just got back from the movie!! It was awesome. Get there early as possible to get your tickets, ours was SOLD OUT (luckily we had pre-purchased our tickets two days ago). I won't say anything about it, other than you're going to LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete