The bookstore wouldn't buy back the government text. They say they have their limit already. Guess I list this one with half.com, too. Got a few more text books I want to dig out, too. See if I can dump 'em online.
So ... school's out for the summer. Have I mentioned I'm so ready for summer break? Even though I'm taking that ham radio course (and he assigned homework!! Grrrrr) I really don't need to pick up another text book until late August.
After my got out of my government class today I called Mom to tell her about the one final exam. The call went great until Mom says "Alien's pregnant". Wow, did I call that one wrong ... Alien *did* tell her!! Guess Mom didn't mention it earlier because she needed to calm down. She's furious, disappointed in Alien (as we all are). The dreaded question was asked, too ... "tell me about this boy who knocked her up". Here we go. Gee, Mom ... he's a *fine example* of a human being. NOT ... and I gave her only a few examples. Just enough to let her know, but not too much to further upset her. I'm sure that'll all come out in time.
I belong to a few Star Trek Fan Organizations. I got this today in my in-box from one of the members. I thought it was a hoot. It's called "Ten Steps To Becoming A Trekkie" http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/specials/trekkie/
You know you're a Trekkie when you save all the links mentioned in the above presentation to your favorites folder!! The tenth page ... Step Nine ... that's the International Star Trek Fan Association I belong to. Pretty neat we're getting all this media attention!! And yes, I am guilty of ALL of the Ten Steps!
Oh, speaking of Trekkie, LOL, I decided to pass on the Kellogg's Star Trek T-shirt offer. The shirts don't go into extra large alien sizes (not to be confused with *Alien* with a capital A). Decided instead to go for the Star Trek flash drive - slash - wristband. What every Geek will be wearing this fall.
And as all my Trekkie friends are saying today ...
HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!
MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU

And with you.. LOL
ReplyDeleteyayy you!
lol@ what every geek will be wearing, I have an image in my head of that lololol
Congrats on your exams. Doesn't it feel great to get it behind you. Sorry to hear about Alien, this is my biggest worry too with the 15 and 17 year olds.....kids.....ugh.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on surviving the semester. I am glad your mom knows whats up with Alien cause now it's out in the open. And although I don't get the whole "trekkie" thing - if it makes you happy....then may the force be with you...(oops, wrong sci fi series)........
ReplyDeleteLOL ... Thanks Helen. Had a good laugh over that Trekkie wearable flash drive. Can you see me next semester using my flash drive as not only a way to transport my work, but as a fashion statement. Oy!! I'm sure I'll raise a few eyebrows ... but they all know I'm trekkie. Really!!
ReplyDeleteKitty, thanks. Feels great to have it behind me. Can't wait til that degree finally is in my hands ... it'll be soooo worth it.
ReplyDeleteEm, oops ... I just reread my original post. That should have said HAPPY STAR WARS DAY ... May the Fourth be with you. Star Wars Day was on May 4. Make sense now? I"ll have to edit that in. That's what I get for posting so late on a long day. I think my braincells were sleeping! Or started Summer Vacation early?
ReplyDeleteYeah, it really is a relief that Mom knows. I hated not telling her, but it wasn't my place to do so. Glad I don't have to tread lightly in our conversations any more.
Hope you enjoy your holiday, it sounds like you've worked really hard. It will be better now your Mom knows about Alien - if you're like me you can't lie to your Mom but it's easy to just not quite tell all, lol
ReplyDeleteHelen, thanks. Going to be a busy summer holiday. At least that's the plan. I've got a to-do list a mile long. Exactly!! Mom's always been a human lie detector. "Now LC, you're telling tall tales". Better to omit information than lie to Mom!
ReplyDeleteYAY for being done with school! (With the exception of the summer thing, of course!) Make sure to take a picture of whatever snazzy 'Trekkie' thing you get!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on doing gr8 on the exams! Woot*woot!!! Hubby starts the PTA program in June and I'm thinking about going to college next year too. Not sure yet, but I might!!
ReplyDeleteLeann, too bad the summer thing isn't for college credit. LOL! It's a prep course for the HAM radio license that I have to test for later this year. After that I'll be licensed to operate a ham radio. What good is that, you ask? Well, I'll be able to communicate around the world with other radio operators. Also in the event of an emergency where communications are down, I will be able to assist the authorities to communicate with the "outside" world.
ReplyDeleteI'll make sure to get a picture or two of the trekkie thing I'm ordering. It's a bracelet ... and a flash drive ... combined into one nifty geek (or is that geeky neat) fashion accessory. LOL!
Angie, go for it!! You'll be glad you did, really!! Best decision I ever made going back to college.
ReplyDelete