Wow, this is a bad habit isn't it? Blogging once or twice a month anymore.
Sad thing is, it's pretty much same-o, same-o around here. I have to remind myself that I wanted, wished and prayed for mundane. It sure is here!! I'm loving it, but it doesn't make for good blogging material, if ya know what I mean.
Haven't had a Gremlin sighting around here in months!! I guess he got bored and moved on! Yay!!
Well, maybe that's not entirely true. Seems a neighbor and I are feuding. Don't know why. All I know is that he has taken to calling Township Ordinance over the smallest thing. Yet he's the one who lets his front lawn grow almost a foot tall, hasn't mowed his side yard (it borders my lot) or pulled a weed in at least a year ... AND ... he's the idiot who lets his dog out at all hours of the night to wake me up with it's barking ... but I get "turned in"? Stupid things ... like the compost pile we've had for ten years ... or the garbage going out the night before (our garbage collection is in the afternoon so I really don't need to set it out the night before) ... or the cars he claims are junked (not true!! We drive each of them almost daily). Methinks I pissed him off when I had Married Son (after asking neighbor twice and being ignored) to trim the branches from HIS tree that hung over my driveway and scratched the car!! Not to mention - Grandson could have been hurt had he gotten too close to that d**ned tree!
Haven't heard from Alien either in a few weeks. We had a disagreement. I told her that her BF was a loser - she told me that I needn't be bothered with seeing her or the baby. She then hung up the phone. That was on the Fourth of July. Haven't heard from her since. And I'm not gonna sweat it either. She made her decision. I just hope she comes to her senses before that loser does harm to her or the baby.
Speaking of the Fourth of July ... Daddy decided at the last minute that he didn't want to go to the fireworks, that he'd rather have a quiet dinner at Brother Deere's house. No sweat. Single Son had to work so we decided to drive together. I dropped him off at the PD and headed to the grocery store to grab last minute picnic makings. Found a parking spot after about half an hour - boy I tell ya, a small village that puts on the second biggest fireworks display in the state makes for some very difficult to find parking! Estimates were there were over 100,000 people there. I don't doubt it! LOL! Instead of fighting traffic on the way home I moved the car over to the Police Department's lot and waited for Single Son to get off work. At 2:30 AM he pulls in the parking lot with some dude he just arrested! Great ... NOT ... now I have to wait until he processes the paperwork. I tried to nap in the car, but all the fireworks and firecrackers people were lighting off didn't allow a nap to happen! At almost 4 AM he finally came out and said he was ready to go home.
A few days later I went to Port Huron for the day. Alone. Had a great time. Toured three of the four museums in town (so nice to NOT have distractions of "hey Mom check this out" while I was checking out displays) ... had a picnic (gee, I don't like picnics do I?) ... fed the squirrels in the park (gee, surprised?) ... and even got in some ship watching. I'll be adding pics later to my album.
My little friend here got so bold as to jump on the table - with me sitting right there! - and help himself to the in-the-shell peanuts! Later he did let me feed him by hand ... but can't feed a squirrel AND take pictures at the same time!!
Oh ... and got my hair cut. It's supposed to be a textured bob ... but after a few days it had a mind of it's own. I don't know what to call it, but a bob it ain't! LOL! I'm still trying to talk one of the boys into taking pics ... my self portraits stink! LOL!
I'm going to try to do better with blogging. I can't make any promises ... but I will try!!
love the squirrell! sorry to hear about the neighbor, more so about alien using the baby as a weapon. and we still love you even if you only blog once a year...but we'd rather you not do that!
ReplyDeleteHey it sounds like you've been getting out and about and enjoying yourself....and that's really what summertime is for - not being hunched over a monitor. Blogging seems to always slow down this time of year - so no worries.....
ReplyDeleteAnd the squirrel - talk about being friendly - wow.
Sounds like things are pretty decent to me...except for that crappy neighbor! Don't you wish you could just vote some people off the island for real?
ReplyDeleteomg I love this background!
ReplyDeleteFeuding neighbors, feuding Aliens who needs the gremlins back..enjoy the break from at last one of them LOL.
That would have been so cool haring with the squirrel..great photo :)