So ... I'm sitting playing on Farm Town (a facebook addiction!) and I get a text from Married Son ... "are the cops gone yet?" Ummmm, cops?? Boy was I buried in my Farm Town game, I didn't know the cops where here!!
Seems that Barky Dog was a problem for Married Son. He was in our front yard and saw Barky running loose (a big no-no in this township). He knocked on the neighbor's door to inform them their dogs were running lose and got no answer. Turning around to try to corral the dogs (Barky is a pit bull, not sure the breed of the other, quiet dog) ... so ... he turns around and tries to get the dog when Barky tries to attack him!!
The neighbor on the other side happened to see everything and offered to help collect the dogs and tie them up until the cops could get here. Dogs taken away ... cops left note on the idiot neighbors door telling them where their dogs are (at the pound by now). Married Son didn't stick around to meet the cops though. He had work to do and couldn't wait around.
Thankfully when Married Son first saw the dogs running lose he "barked" orders to DIL to stay in the truck and keep Grandson with her! I hate to think what could have happened.
Now ... I have nothing against pit bulls. One of my bestest friends has one, he's nothing but a big teddy bear. BUT ... neighbor's pit bull is not one of those animals that was trained properly. He's not a dog I really like having next door ...
I just wonder how long they'll keep the dogs in the pound. I'm sure they'll bail the damned things out as soon as they can. At least tonight I'll get a good night's sleep with Barky being gone.
Oh, that sucks! Nothing worse than a strong dog that you can't trust! I've known my share of pit bulls that I would totally trust, but a bad dog is a bad dog no matter what the breed! I'm glad no one was really hurt...and I hope, if they do get their dogs back, they learn to keep better control over them!
ReplyDelete