KUA

KUA

7/1/09

Wednesday Ramblings ...

Wow, it's been a while hasn't it?

Believe it or not, there's not really a lot going on 'round here.

Brother Deere finally had his back surgery last week (herniated disk). He's home and recovering well. Mom's been staying with him, so I've had to go stay with Daddy (stroke patient). Dull and boring around their house. The highlight of the stay was when Daddy would go to bed and relinquish control of the remote to me. Thankfully I'm home now. I love my folks, but I tell ya, watching Daddy sure isn't on my top ten list of favorite things to do. But I do it. I love my Daddy ... I do love Mom, too.

Daddy's birthday is on July 4th. I'll be taking him to the Village fireworks. Mom doesn't want to go. She wants some alone time. Can't say as I blame her, tending to Brother Deere for a few days and Daddy needs constant care ... I'd treasure that alone time, too!

I'm spending a lot of time over on facebook. If you're on facebook I'd love to add you to my friends list. I'm soooo addicted to Farm Town. Thanks to the gals that introduced me to the game. I owe ya one. LOL!

Still working on getting Elsie's Attic over on eBay. I lost all of my files when my computer crashed a while back. Including all my Attic stuff. It was easy enough to replace that information, but the editing has been a bear. I didn't realize how much work I'd done originally. Yes ... I back up all my files now ... in three places. I'm NOT gonna lose all that work again!

It's a chilly, rainy day here today. I've been catching up on some cleaning I've missed lately. It's so nice to almost be caught up with things around here. Now to get DIL and Grandson trained to clean up after themselves and my job will be soooo much easier! I'm getting tired of following DIL around pointing out things she's overlooked (or downright ignored). And yes, I'm working hard on becoming that evil mother-in-law we all dread. Hey, some people just deserve to be on the receiving end of the MIL from hell. Ya know?

So ... that's been my life in a nutshell lately. I do keep up with ya'll in the many emails I get.

7 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to Farm Town too! I can sometimes go up two levels a DAY....it's a sickness!

    My parents are hooked on it too. They finally have something in COMMON! HAHAHA!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think being the evil MIL might convince DIL that she needs to figure out how her family can support themselves without your housing ;).

    And I find it much easier to love my Dad when it's "visits" with a bit of distance between us at other times......so I think you are completely normal as far as that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leann, now you got me thinking!! I'm thinking if I get Daddy into Farm Town it'd give him something to do besides hours of playing solitaire every day ... hmmmmm ... THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, the plan is to either get her off her butt to contribute around here ... OR ... get so fed up with me she bugs Married Son until they move out entirely. And there's no coming back again. I've had the revolving door removed.

    Thank you!! I don't feel as guilty now for saying watching Daddy isn't on my top ten list of favorites!! I don't mind an afternoon when I get him out of the house to shop or have dinner, but a few days in a row is just too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen....never feel guilty about that. I'd hazard a guess there were times that your Dad felt the same way about you ;).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I hope that works! If he can play solitaire on the computer, he could totally handle Farm Town! If you get him setup, let me know and I'll add him! The more neighbors you have, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still trying to train my sons to tidy up after themselves but there seems to be a whole generation now that don't seem to be bothered by the mess they create!
    My late husband was a stroke victim, I felt very guilty for complaining about him but was reasured that I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete