Yes, call CNN! I'm making a blog entry!!
Ten thoughts ... or my best attempt at it. I'm way out of practice here!!
1) It's way too hot for me!! The humidity is killing me here! Ya'll can have your dreams of retiring and wintering in Florida ... me ... I'm gonna summer in the Arctic!
2) Talked to my mom today. She's aware of the whole situation with the Alien, and she's going out of her way to keep in contact with O' Pregnant One. I guess Mom talked to Alien yesterday and found out she's having a boy. Dear Lord ... don't let her name the baby after that moron!!
3) Got my college classes. I'm going easy this term with only four classes. I'll take five next semester, This term I'm taking: Accounting Procedures, Principles of Supervision, Foundamentals of Natural and Life Science and my favorite ... Jewelry Class. Gotta love those general ed requirements!! Hehe. Best of all I'm only on two campuses this term (gee, that's so typical isn't it?). Problem is one of the campuses is the furthest away from my home campus (and home). It'll take me an hour or more to drive the fifteen miles - down one of the busiest traffic corridors in the area.
4) Bought my books for my home campus classes today. I saw the cutest little stuffed squirrel just calling out to "buy me, buy me - you know you want to". I ignored him!! I didn't buy him. Geesh ... you have no idea how hard that was to pass up the "little" guy (who stands about eight inches tall). And now I'm wishing I had!! He was only $25 ... and would be a good driving companion while I'm driving to classes!! He even matches the interior color of my car ... gray! Oh well ... if he's there the next time I'm at the bookstore, maybe ... just maybe I'll adopt him!
Gotta love that smile!!
5) While in line to pay for my books, I got to talking to the gal behind me. Turns out she's in the same science class I'm in - and for the same reason. I'm wondering if she'll be my PITA. You know how I seem to attract one per semester. And since I didn't collect a major PITA the last two semesters, I'm figuring out I'm way overdue!
6) I really need to get a new digital converter box. Ya, already. I've had the one in my bedroom about a year, if that! It's overheating ... and takes forever to "catch" a signal when I first turn it on. I'm really disappointed in the quality of this one. It sucks! LOL ... they sure don't make things like they used to!
7) Have I mentioned I hate summer? The humidity around here is way too high. And I'm not the only one feeling this way, I'm sure.
8) And as is typical of past Ten Thoughts Tuesdays ... I'm running out of thoughts!
So I guess I stop here.
Hope ya'll are well.

1. With all the heat we have here, we don't have too many humid days...THANK GOODNESS!
ReplyDelete2. At least Alien will talk to someone...it's wonderful that your mom is stepping up like this, not knowing how she was going to react at first! At least you have an 'in' now!
3. That's a long drive for one class!
4. If he's still there the next time you go, it was totally meant to be!
5. HAHAHA..well, here's hoping!
6. Tell me about it. I went to buy ink for my crappy printer and found out that I'd have to pay sixty buckaroos for it! I can get a new printer with sixty bucks...and a better one, at that! It's a disposable world we live in....
7. Humidity just makes the heat completely oppressive. Sucks the life right out of you!
8. It's hard for me to come up with ten too...I mean, I have a billion thoughts in my head, but only a few I can put into words.
Have a wonderful day!
LOL@ call CNN
ReplyDeleteHate the heat too am already dreading summer and its not even spring yet LOL
Its good that Alien is in contact with someone in the family.
This term should give you less homework then and a bit more free time :)
I still love this background of yours!
Leann, I had to go to the other campus today to get my textbook for that class. 13 miles was the exact distance I will have to drive ONE WAY!! Oh well. I had the "buy me, buy me, you know you want to" experience again today ... only this time it wasn't a cute over sized stuffed squirrel ... it was a laptop computer!! This time I gave in ... I bought it! Not bad ... $520. $495 more than Mr Nutz was. Thank heaven for the Pell Grant!! I had just enough left over after textbooks and tuition to buy Mr. Laptop. I'll be needing a mouse real bad, though ... my cell phone is laying next to my new laptop, and I keep reaching it for it instead of the touchpad. I have a few bucks left over in my pell account that I should be able to buy a mousey (and maybe Mr Nutz, too).
ReplyDeleteHelen, ya .... CNN. Only I'm a little ticked at one of their newscasters. Turns out he's a relative - and coincidently looks a lot like my Dad. Daddy wrote him an email and this jerk (who will remain nameless) blew off my Dad!! What an ass! Daddy was only trying to connect with a relative ... not ask this idiot for some cash. Ya ... between him and Jon minus Kate Plus 8 ... there's a lot of nuts in that branch of the family!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Mom's keeping in contact with Alien. She also keeps in contact with my sons and DIL ... so I pretty much still know what's going on. Yay ... it's just me she's disowned!
Don't know about less homework. According to the catalog, I can expect lots of lab time in addition to class lecture time. Lab time is my own time,too ... ah well. Not like I have a life outside of Farmtown or Yoville to worry about! LOL!
Thanks, I like this background, too. Thinking I'll keep it until fall at least.
Perservere with the touchpad on the laptop Lisa. I was like you when I first got mine too.. but the touchpad is soo much faster and better :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new purchase woohoo!
LMAO@ life after farmtown and yoville.. never did get into that one thank goodness.. am thinking the rollercoaster one is too much now too you have to keep bloody feeding the workers!!
I used to have a touch pad, years ago ... it's okay. And I'm not too bad with it. But ... I do have some programs that work better with a mouse. I prefer paint with the touchpad ... lines look much more natural than with a mouse. I guess part of the problem is I'm soooo used to reaching to the right to grab Mr Mousey ... lol.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I'm liking this. I can finally sit in the kitchen with the rest of the family ... in the air conditioning ... instead of in my room away from the "general population". Funny thing, though ... I was just looking at the table ... three laptops here now. It's the dining nook from Nerdville!
Ya, roller coaster ... at fifty bucks a bite for the workers ... well, I don't feed my kids that well!! I'm thinking that's one of the games that's going on hold when school starts. Damn workers are gonna eat me out of all my money!
I'll keep farmtown, farmville and yoville, though .... they're my favorite sanity savers.
It makes a big difference being portable lol.
ReplyDeleteyou dont even have to get out of bed if you dont want lmao.
Farming is quicker on the laptop huh?
I here ya about the heat. I took a week off this week to get my daughter through surgery and the heat is unrelentless. I'm sure people are thinking I am lounging at the beach all week but in reality we are stuck in the house because she is doped up and not feeling well enough to venture out. Outside is no picnic but being stuck inside with no way to cool off sucks!
ReplyDeleteHelen,LOL! It's much quicker farming on the laptop ... IN BED! But to move stuff around I had to break down and get a mouse. I don't have the coordination to touchpad the flowers from one flowerbed to the next! So today I went back to the campus bookstore, bought a new mouse AND broke down and bought the squirrel. Single son came with me ... he thinks I'm crazy for buying Mr. Nuts. We're now sitting at Starbucks having a hot cuppa ... he on his laptop, me on mine. Hehehe ...
ReplyDeleteKitty ... OH NO!! You poor thing! Having a kid at home recooping from surgery is no fun. Add the weather and ... wow, you're gonna need (and you deserve) a vacation after this!! Weather let up here today a lot, or there's no way I'd be sitting with a hot cup of coffee right now ... hopefully you'll get a break in the heat and SOON!! Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteJust catching up, I am very guilty of spending too much time on Facebook and not listening to my friends on here - another little grandson, when is he due? After all the problems regarding access of mine I just love seeing him - hopefully the time will increase as we go along, but whatever, I can never not be here for him xx
ReplyDelete