Wow, it's been two weeks since my last blog entry?
As usual I've been keeping up with ya'll through email updates. Just haven't signed on to multiply to respond. Mybad. Hopefully with school starting in two days I'll be better with the blogging.
Who knows? Anything is possible.
We were back to the nothing's going on around here stage for a while. It was nice while it lasted. This week seems to be pretty crazy ... but that's typical for me ... a few weeks of quiet and then BAM! we get crazy around here for a few days.
Just the normal crazy. Getting ready for school to start on Friday. My first class is an early morning class. Heaven help me!! I am so not a morning person. I hope the gal I blogged about meeting in the bookstore line has extra coffee - or at least an understanding of night people forced to take morning classes. LOL.
News on the Alien ... I told you in my last blog entry that she's having a boy. She's picked a name, and thankfully it is NOT after the sperm donor. And best of all, it doesn't even start with the same letter ... "J". I got stuck in a J rut with my sons, and Grandson and that idiot that knocked her up share the same J name ... we so don't need any more J's running around! This little one will be a Z. The first Z in our family!
Alien WILL stay in school. Thankfully she's decided to NOT drop out after all. Bad enough the choices she's made lately, but dropping out would have been another bad choice. I was even at the school yesterday to have them sign a paper (for Friend of the Court saying she's staying in school) ... only as of yesterday before noon she had not registered for classes. I was devastated, thinking that she had decided to drop out after all. I even broke down in front of her principal, Mrs L, a real nice lady about all the bad choices Alien's been making lately. About two hours after my visit to her school Alien calls me ... "Mrs. L said you were in today. What's up?" Well it opened a door for a much needed conversation. And ... best of all, she had gone into Mrs L's office to register for classes. Yay!! She seems to have a few brain cells left after all! She'll continue to go to school after the baby is born late November, early December. She has a built in babysitter, that idiot who knocked her up ... he can't work (felony history that assures no one will hire him) ... he may as well do something positive for a change. Let's just pray he doesn't f* this up!
Not a whole lot else going on. I was hoping to get back up to Port Huron this weekend. Just a matter of finding the time. I may still try, who knows.
Hope all are well ... that life is being kind to you.

I'm so glad she's staying in school. It will be harder with a baby, but SO WORTH IT in the long run! I'm glad you guys got to talk...and he'd BETTER take good care of that baby...and Alien!
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow...you should already be in bed now....RIIIIGHT???
Thats great news about Alien staying in school! She will work out soon enough about who's good for her and her baby and who's not,
ReplyDeleteYou've had a long break from classes now the fun starts all over again huh?