Ya, I know ... a blog a week now. I'm on a roll! LOL.
School is going good.
Tuesday was accounting. It's pretty much a repeat from the accounting class I took last semester. That's okay ... the last teacher wasn't that good .. maybe now I'll get more of an understanding of the lingo and techniques involved. Things that I didn't learn last time around. It's a different class, though, so I'm expecting to learn more. And this teacher has a great way of explaining things. A few of those lightbulbs already went off "OH ... so that's what that last teacher was trying to teach". I get it now.
Parking on Tuesday was nuts. I got there about an hour early because I knew there'd be problems with parking. Well ... three of the six parking lots were already full and closed off by the campus cops. The closest parking I could find was all the way across the campus. Ten minutes it took me to walk to the room. And wouldn't you know, the classroom was just a stone's throw from the parking lot I SHOULD have been able to park in. LOL.
Wednesday I had Principles of Supervision (or whatever it's called). I left way early, once again anticipating parking problems. I even stopped for dinner to eat in my car while I killed time waiting. I didn't need to rush!! I got front row parking on my non-home campus. I hate that parking lot, though. It's not designed for convenience. You have to walk uphill about a quarter of a mile (and not that well lit at night I should mention) through a really pretty park-like area. So ... I get to the top of the hill, sit a bit and recover my breath ... and of course smoke a ciggie before heading to "F" building for class. I get to the room only to see that we've been moved over to "A" building ... on the opposite end of the campus!! I figure out how to get to "A" building ... find the class room, look out the window to see there's a parking lot that's practically empty. Great. I know where I park next week!! At least the half mile walk was downhill to the car after class ... well for the most part. This campus makes me nervous ... the lack of good lighting and I read a few blurbs in the local paper about women being attacked (robbed at gun point, too) coming out of night classes. I tried to get another student to walk with me, but he was in some gawd-awful hurry to get to his car for some reason. Gee, thanks buddy ... I'll remember that should he ever need anything from me (like a pencil or scantron).
Supervision is an okay class. It's bad when the teacher admits right off the bat he's absent-minded. He assigns homework, but doesn't collect it. Instead you line up before class, flash your homework at him .. he marks it down - and thus doesn't need to take attendance either. I have to admit, though, he gets us into some lively discussions on supervision ... or more precisely being a supervisor or manager. Could prove to be more than an okay class. LOL.
Tomorrow is science class. That homework is killing me. It's a dimensional analysis exercise. I asked Single Son if he could help me ... he's not familiar with it. So I'm on my own. I *think* I have it, but I'm not sure. Tomorrow will tell when we correct homework in class. I'm thinking I'm going to need a little bit of tutoring this week to understand it to where I'm at least partially comfy with it.
Then it's off for a few days. A few days to do all this homework in my other classses. And farm ... and clean ... and ... who knows what else I'll end up doing.
Next Monday will be my first Jewelry class. Talk about geeked!! I can't wait!!
As usual I've been keeping up with ya'll when I can through email updates.
Gonna scoot. One more story problem to figure out with this dimensional analysis stuff ... hope it doesn't take the rest of the night ...
Hugs!!
glad things are shaping up so nicely for you! Your page looks marvelous! I absolutely love it. I want to sit down there in those chairs and relax and chat with you!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting to be taking all those classes! I'm getting to the point where I think I'm ready to go back to school...I just have to have the rest of my family on board. (And in school themselves!)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the science stuff. I have a hard enough time watching my 13YO do HER homework!
(pops head in and waves "hi!")
ReplyDeleteTake a flashlight with you to the class on the campus which has bad lighting that way you have a weapon and light LOL.
ReplyDeleteSeriously dont know how you do it I have trouble remembering my name most days let alone study and classes! More power to ya I reckons :)