Maybe I need to start looking for more third shift type jobs? Since I'm obviously not getting back into this day life crap.
How ya'll do it is beyond me.
*****
We've been pretty lucky around these parts weather-wise. Temperatures, while cold, aren't unbearable. Mid-teens to mid-twenties most days. Snow hasn't hit us too hard either ... six or so inches on the ground after a few days worth of snow flurries.
You'd think it was worse, though, according to the morning traffic reports on the TV. So many accidents. You'd think people would learn to adjust their driving to the weather conditions, especially here in the snow-belt. Dummies.
*****
The Gremlin has been sighted again. This time he's taken revenge on my hot water heater. I'm without hot water. Period. Both of the Sons have tried to figure out how to fix it without the proper tools. Can't do ... so DILs father will be coming over sometime in the next few days to chase the Gremlin away. This is his line of work ... and I like the fact he's not charging us for work done. Guess he realizes that as long as the heater isn't working his water bill goes up with the Wrecking Crew going there to shower.
Me, it's been boiling water on the stove and pot by pot (five pots worth) heat a half a tub of water. Works for me for now. Makes me appreciate hot water more later on.
*****
Alien is due any day now. This is definitely a keep you posted situation, LOL.
*****
K, I'm gonna either try to lay down and see if I can sleep ... or go watch a dvd or two of Keeping Up Appearances.

Ugh - sucks to live without hot water - hope it gets fixed soon....though I admire your ingenuity. Yeah, maybe you are a nightshift sort....but I know you've been looking for all sorts of jobs so I'll just hope they offer you one where you don't have to get up early ;).
ReplyDelete