Just another way for the township to make money if you ask me.
I've been going to Alien's to shower. The rest of the time I just boil a few pots of water and dump them into a quarter of a tub of cold water. It works.
*****
Speaking of the Alien ... we have a date for her c-section! Next Monday!! I'll have Butterball for a few days while she and the baby ... and the boyfriend ... are in the hospital.
Yes, boyfriend. What's with these kids these days that they can't go into the hospital for a few days without "packing" their boy/girlfriend?
DIL did it when Grandson was born - Married Son never left her side at the hospital.
Alien had the Loser there the entire time she was in having Butterball. And now the boyfriend will be there the entire time with her. And he's not even the baby's daddy (Jerry Springer topic here!)
*****
So a couple of days with a one-year old in the house. Should be interesting!! I haven't had a one-year old that I've been responsible for in about eighteen years. Grandson doesn't count, we know my policy on watching kids that live with me ... not gonna happen. I provide their roof I'm not a live in babysitter.
I'm sure I'll be blogging about the experience, providing Butterball lets me! He loves computers, I may have to hide mine! LOL.
*****
After weeks of procrastinating, DIL is almost done with the spare room for Grandson to move into. Now it's my turn to procrastinate ... some of what she needs to sort is my stuff. I'm a little pissed off at her at the moment, so I'm taking my sweet ol' time getting around to it.
And what's with kids today? Can't clean up their homes (or in-laws homes) without having someone help? Alien says she can't clean when Butterball is awake, and DIL bribes her brother to come over and help her clean their messes!! OY!!
So ... why am I mad? She's back to the "not me" and "not mine" crap ... with avengeance! And the above mentioned can't clean for herself garbage!!
She bought some el-cheapo non-stick skillets as WalMart (the ones that come with the cancer-causing warning labels and are completely outlawed in California!!) and blames me yesterday when there's a small nick in one of them! I don't use them!! I don't like my food served with carcinogens, thank you! I have my own brand-new skillet ... no non-stick crap on it ... that I had to buy when she threw away my old skillet (without asking, no less).
Today's victim was my NEW cookie sheet (three uses since New Year's Eve) ... she not only used it (I have no problem with that) ... but she made and CUT pizza on it. My new cookie pan now has a 1/32nd of an inch deep eight-armed " * " smack dab in the middle of it! And she doesn't say a word to me about it!! I'm furious. I don't care it's a three dollar cheapo from the dollar discount store ... it's the principle of it at this point. You use it, you mess it up ... you own up!
Yes, I measured it!! I'll be having stars on the bottom of everything I bake on that cookie pan! At least she cut her damned pizza in almost perfect wedges ... if I have to look at it for the life of that pan, it's balanced at least (I'm anal with off balance eight point stars).
Now you know why I refuse to buy good things!! What's the point? It'll only get ruined.
I'll wait until the Wrecking Crew is gone. Or I run away. Whichever comes first!

We have the same issue here with water heaters - I guess it's a universal thing. And even though the water heater itself was covered under my home warranty it was probably close to 300 dollars between the permit and the expansion tank (an upgrade my county requires now)....and something else I can't remember. Hope you can get that sorted out quickly - its not good to have to live without hot water....
ReplyDeleteSorry about your pan. I think the bottom line is that you and DIL just are not cut out to live together - and as I've told you before - don't you DARE delete these blogs like you did before - or your would have remembered how miserable having the "roommates" was before.
And I'm glad you're willing to watch Butterball. Hey, do you think while they are in there - they could plug up the works a bit - I am sure Alien really doesn't want to be bulding her own baseball team - at least not yet.
I'm surprised she's allowed to "pack" a boyfriend.......but I guess as long as the hospital gets paid for the room/board - they don't really care who is using it.
Oh oh ... expansion tank? The old water heater was ten years old (a bubba-era replacement) ... somehow I wouldn't be surprised if I'll be facing that, too!
ReplyDeleteI think you're right ... DIL and I seem to be toxic to each other! Did I delete blogs?? That I don't remember, unless you mean my 360 blog before Yahoo went and ruined all that for us.
Or ... is it official? Have I lost my mind? It was too small to be let out on it's own. It's obviously wandered off!!
Chronic unemployment will do that to a person, I'm told.
OMG! Speaking of unemployment ... there's some talk that Arby's may be sold. If that's the case, DIL MAY become unemployed. Mere hours after the announcement, she's already drooling over the fact that she could sit on her fanny and collect unemployment (her lifelong ambition is to be a sit-at-home mom - not stay but SIT).
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2011/01/21/arbyssalecouldbringwendyshome.html?sid=101
May the heavens help me if that comes to pass!!
Yup, I'm gonna spoil that boy rotten while he's here!! It's the Grandma rule number one ... remember that, Em, you're a Gramma in training here!!
Alien says she's more than ready for birth control (thank the heavens for difficult and highly uncomfortable pregnancies) ... and I'm personally going to make sure it's more than talk. I'll be meeting up with her doc while she's in the hospital to talk about "our" plan of action! I don't care if it's the shot, the ring, or what ... but it needs to be done. Or I will show Lorraine Bobbitt where she made her mistakes!!
Sad isn't it? There's none of those big burly mean nurses (not you, Amy, you're a sweetie) to chase away visitors at the end of the day. They even feed him and provide him with a somewhat comfortable sleeper chair to sleep on.
I think it was a 360 blog that you wiped out and then restarted as a new beginning........but before it was gone it told the trials and tribulations of the first time they lived with you and how it would never happen again.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they won't require an expansion tank....it could be just a local thing. The purpose is to ensure in the case of an explosion or other catastrophic failure it doesn't backflow into the local water supply.
Even if Arbys is sold, it's unlikely DIL will be lucky enough to become a lady of leisure.......my understanding is that the restaurants would stay open and even keep the brand name. \
No spoiling going on at my house......OK, who am I kidding - the furkids have beds and toys....I'm sure it will be no different if' and when I find myself providing child care (though perhaps they will be afraid to let the infant be alone with me....after all - my son may remember that his upbringing included a beanbag in lieu of a carseat, a whole lot of second hand smoke, and the occasional minishot of Jack Black in his bottle when he was having a tough night :).
And I'm sorry there is nothing new on the employment front....Michigan sure is a tough state.....
It's been a long time back, but we did our own water heater. And I do chase visitors out!
ReplyDeleteEm, I'm hoping they don't require one, but being we're on community wells (water towers really) it seems more likely we may have that requirement. I'll wait to call them with inquiries until after we've figured out if we need a new water heater or not.
ReplyDelete360 ... I wish I had saved those blogs before I went and deleted all 800 and some of them! I did read some of my earlier multiply blogs last night ... brought a smile to my face for the most part.
I sure hope Arby's survives!! If only for my sanity and well being. However, the former business student in me has my doubts. Their menu is the most expensive of the fast food venues, and they've been long suffering in their profitability. Possibly they may either re-organize and convert most of their restaurants to Wendy's or drastically cut their regions. Hardee's did it here many years ago, leaving the Metro Detroit area entirely (with the exception of one restaurant about 15 miles from here). I'd have to drive out of Metro Detroit to get a Hardee's (Carl's Jr to the rest of the world, LOL). Then again, Jack-In-The-Box, Burger Chef, Red Barn and a few others have also long abandoned the area, too. So, I guess it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Arby's follows their example and abandons their loss-leading territories in the name of saving the franchise. That, in my opinion, would be their saving move.
Gawd, I miss talking business speculation with my fellow students. Maybe I really to need to get a part time job, and continue my education - part time.
No spoiling at your house? Riiiight! You spoil those furbabies!! And you'll spoil your grandchild!! I know you will!! And I'm not talking financially or materially! I'm talking showering the kid with love and attention (the way you do with the furbabies) ... those things that little Butterball already knows he can get from Gramma - hugs and kisses and undivided attention - and the occasional animal cracker.
Michigan may be a tough state, but us Michiganders are tougher!!
Amy ... you've just totally shattered my illusion of you being the gentle caring nurse - at least at the end of visiting hours. I somehow mentally picture you corralling them like cattle and pushing them towards the elevator!!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeletesee more Lolcats and funny pictures
Amy, I love it!!! Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteNa - I bet she's got an Iphone app for that ;).....or rather now a Droid one.
ReplyDeletePuts out a laser beam that shocks them into compliance.
OMG!! Too funny ...
ReplyDeleteand you know where I'm going with this ...
SET PHASERS TO STUN!!