So, up to two feet in some areas, eh? Don't know if I really believe our weathermen or not ... they say my area isn't going to get more than about ten inches of the white stuff. We'll see ... lol. We'll see.
I'm prepared for this. Gas tank in car filled up, cell phone charging as we speak. Tomorrow I'll cook up the meats in the fridge in case we lose power for any length of time. I'd rather eat cold (cooked) chicken or bratwurst than eat uncooked! LOL. I'll also be making side dishes that can be either heated up (if power stays on) or can be eaten cold (if power goes out). There's also plenty of lunch meats and bread just in case. I've even picked out my reading material should I find myself internet-less.
And with my history (and luck) I've learned better safe than sorry.
Lots of snow + aging trees = possibility of another tree falling. Which means in all likelihood that the power lines suffer, too.
If nothing happens, I get the week off from cooking. Just heat and eat!!! LOL. I'll be able to sit and watch the snow and enjoy it.
Let's just hope it's uneventful - for me - and for ya'll, too!! Stay safe and warm this week.
i stopped at the store on the way home this morn (didn't really need to, but wanted to pamper myself with yummy food that would taste good cold if needed) and then laughed like crazy when i saw the news and lines at grocery stores this eve...um, why did they all wait is what i wanted to ask!
ReplyDeletei also set bob up with food that could be hot or cold...the idiot was drunk the other day when his old partner at work/favorite work buddy asked if he'd work for her part of the shift, and he said yes not thinking of the weather. sure enough, she won't be able to make it in at all 'cause she's the furthest north of all the workers (lives in indy) so bob now has a 48 hour shift in this crap.
Amy, isn't it crazy that people leave things to the last minute. The guy in line in front of me at the store tonight had a snow shovel, snow brush, and a cart full of de-icer - and nothing else (no food or such). Okay, so the de-icer is one of those things that has to be resupplied, but the rest just screamed "new to area" and the cashier said something like welcome to Michigan. Turns out the guy has lived here all his life, just never thought to buy a snow shovel or snow brush up until now (and he was MY age!).
ReplyDeleteAnd the state issues him a driver's license? Scary!!
Ya, I sorta waited til the last minute ... but only needed Diet Mt. Dew and some munchies. LOL..
Oh, great, I'm hearing now that they've upgraded the storm to "blizzard". Which means that it's probably been upgraded in your area, too ... which means Bob's in for one hell of a shift. Poor thing!! I don't envy him a bit ... hope he's got a good set of thermals (or three) ... he's gonna need them!
Stay safe ... and warm!!
I'll be keeping one eye on the trees out back ...
Please guys.....we're busy......we work DAY hours which means we can't get to the store until the way home......believe me I'd go earlier if I could. Fortunately it looks like right now all we have is sleet and with a bit of luck it will stay warm enough to avoid ice......though I may yet sneak out of work early. Stay warm and electrified guys....
ReplyDeleteLOL, Em ... you're excused ... but I just can't see you not having full (or near full) supplies at any given time - and not just food but snow removal supplies ... okay, maybe to choose a nice wine to go with watching the blizzard out your window perhaps. You don't hit me as the type to be un-prepared.
ReplyDeletewe're talking about those people that they interview on the tv news in front of the WalMart, the ones that shop in their pajamas that are getting their kids snowsuits just as the storms are slamming them ... or the first time snow shovel buyer (the one who has owned the same house in the same town in the same snowbelt state for decades).
You stay safe and warm, too!!