KUA

KUA

2/4/11

Oops, a few days late ...

but I have an excuse, really. No, the power didn't go out, I've been a bit too pissed off to write a proper blog. Not gonna take it out on ya'll ... so I waited until I simmered down enough.

Let's start with the blizzard that never really happened here. Oh, they're calling it a blizzard, but I think the weathermen are too embarrassed to call it what it really was - a bad snow storm. Eight inches of snow, occasional gusts up to 50 miles an hour, and that's about it, except for a lot of blowing, drifting snow.

I realize how lucky we were when I hear about everyone else's experiences.

However, that blowing, drifting snow left us pretty much hostage in our own homes until the plows came through - which happened to be earlier today - after I had to go out in eight to ten inches of now somewhat packed down (from other vehicles) snow on my street. What's weird is that the roads were better with the loosely packed snow (ruts and all) than they were after the plows came and exposed sheet ice under the protective snowy layer. I got stuck half-way in the street, half-way in my own driveway coming back from the pharmacy - with the plow drivers watching me. You should have seen the nasty glare they gave me when I was finally safely on my own driveway and they were able to once again continue with their plowing!

But ... being hostage in my own home is what got me so ticked off. No school, and DIL only worked a few hours since the storm passed ... too close quarters for my liking ... and the Wrecking Crew had to live up to their name these past few days. Not one thing in particular, but a whole bunch of little things that really got on my nerves.

Well, part of the Wrecking Crew, really. Married Son works at FedEx, he had no days off. He did slide in a ditch or two though. Funny stuff (if it's not happening to you anyway). And ... bless his little heart ... he started up the snow-blower as soon as he got home from work on the worst day of the storm!!

But ... two days of snow days at school, and I refused to watch Grandson. He's too picky of an eater, and won't eat anything I make for him, so why bother? She only worked four hours today and took him to her mother's house. I think I ticked 'em all off when I watched Butterball for a few hours yesterday so Alien could get her surgical tapes removed.

Although the biggest disagreement with DIL was over the thermostat of all things. I *knew* someone (and I know who) was resetting it from 68 to 72 every chance he got (damned Gremlin) and when I mentioned *thermostat wars* to DIL (not the guilty party), she says no, mom, it's broken. Ummm, no ... it's someone resetting it but she just won't take that someone else could be right (she's NEVER wrong!), she even went so far as to accuse me of losing my mind and imaging things. She then calls her father asking him if he's got an extra thermostat laying around that he could venture out in the storm to install. I blew up!! It's not broken ... period. And don't you dare call and arrange for repairs unless you are instructed to do so, this is not your house. Dammit.

Remember, this is on top of her going against my wishes (and behind my back) and dumping all those storage tubs in my family room and living room.

I give up!! I really give up. I can't do the flylady stuff with her around. She's worse than having sextuplets following Momma around and undoing everything Momma just did!

She had the nerve today to put on facebook that she needs to find something to do this weekend. I didn't, but I am sooooooo tempted to tell her "Clean up your shit, that's what you can do this weekend. Stupid."

But no ... that's not something to do, in her book ... she wants to be entertained. She'll drop Grandson off at her parents for the weekend, then go looking for ways to avoid what she really needs to do. And she best do the sink full of dishes she's once again left BEFORE she does anything else. Or her non-stick two dollar walmart skillet may meet with a steel wool pad yet.

Don't think I won't do it!!

Me, I'll stay locked up in my room pretty much this weekend ... got some papers and such I want to organize anyway. Good excuse to just stay out of the way when she's around. Not like she's out of her room or off her computer (or wii) much when she is home.

What I should be doing is sorting through it all when she's not home, I think that might be the secret ... making it look like nothing's been done (or she'll bitch about her stuff disappearing).

Hey, you leave it in the public areas of the house, it's fair game (home-owner or head of household exempt from this rule since it's my furniture, my nick-knacks, etc).

Don't piss off the head of household.

K, I'm fine now ... or until the next DIL moment at least.

Back to your regularly scheduled activities.

6 comments:

  1. "Hey, you leave it in the public areas of the house, it's fair game (home-owner or head of household exempt from this rule since it's my furniture, my nick-knacks, etc)."

    The public areas belong to you..if she's got things in plastic tubs - you can always put them outside. Let her buy a shed.

    Talcum powder or flour on the thermostat - you can check for fingerprints....Actually if it's grubby little fingers you might be able to lift a print with tape anyhow.

    It seems like they've been living with you forever.........

    And I don't know why you had to go out in that awful weather - but I hope it was important cause otherwise you would be going just a wee bit nuts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm awake way too early because someone can't seem to remember their indoor voices whilst getting ready for school. They're so loud they even woke Single Son up (as usual, and he lives in the basement!). So much for trying to go to bed early.

    Some of the tubs are theirs, some are mine, some are Aliens. The fun will be separating that mess ... and I'm really not wanting to do it alone. She made the mess, she needs to take responsibility. Then again, I would die of old age waiting for her to own up to anything. I'll separate them and probably have someone (not sure who yet) put them in the shed for me. They're way too heavy for me to move!!

    LOL, Fingerprints!! Only problem with that is the Resident Cop would be processing his own fingerprints! Remember, he lives in the basement, where it's always ten degrees cooler than the rest of the house. We compromised last night .... it's set at 70 degrees and will stay there. He is somewhat warmer, while those of us who live above ground don't bake! And for some reason 70 degrees in this house is very warm.

    Forever is a long time ... and yes, they've been here forever alright!!! It's like the song that never ends ... it goes on and on my friend. Do I dare "sing" more, or is the tune now stuck in your head for the day?

    Yes ma'am, it was important I go out yesterday. I ran out of my blood pressure meds!! I couldn't get them earlier, the prescription plan I'm part of won't allow refills until two days before they're due to run out (which was the day of the blizzard). Then again, after being cabin-bound for a few days with 2/3 of the Wrecking Crew, I may have made up an excuse to get away for a bit anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I refuse to think that song in my head....not going to happen no matter how much you try....and how frustrating that your prescription plan is the way that it is........but I do understand needing to get out....I always feel the same way.

    Yes, basements are chillier......mine isn't heated at all in fact....just some baseboard heaters that I don't think work...so when I get it finished maybe I'll see about having a gas fireplace installed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. today's laugh ... brought to you by facebook ...

    DIL: Waiting for Grandson to get off the bus, then going to get an oil change and do the grocery shopping. fun stuff! lol

    Friend: Isn't it great to be domesticated!

    DIL: Nooooo! Lol

    *****

    Once again, I'm keeping MY mouth shut, and my thoughts to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs Lisa I understand about messy and people who touch things they shouldnt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stranger!!!! Glad to see you're still around.

    We can add a new one ... sticking of the nose where it doesn't belong ... I was talking to Married Son about a problem I'm having trying to pay a bill (they won't take pmt because no statement has been issued yet this month) ... and she's all up in the conversation like she's the one who pays the freaking bills.

    She never did do the dishes yesterday either. I ended up doing them in like the middle of the night. Did you know a cake tin (or four) dropped in such a manner will echo through a quiet house? Yup ... woke the Princess of Bone-Idle right up, it did!! She came dashing down the stairs "you okay, Mom?" ... "Ya, don't worry about me, I'm just a klutz washing up your dinner dishes from tonight".

    Think she got the message? Hell no!

    ReplyDelete