I got a promotion in rank ... I'm now a Lieutenant (j.g. ... junior grade). Finally made the ranks of Commissioned Officer, it only took me ten years, LOL.
Lots of business settled. Lots of activities to plan for ... Future fund raisers, regional conferences (RC) to plan for (we're the host chapter next year for the RC), picnics, bowl-a-thons, study groups for Starfleet Academy courses and so much more. I still need to figure out my costume - especially since finding out we're organizing and hosting the RC.
Man, I need a life. LOL.
Then again, my dad always used to call me a Space Cadet. I guess I'm living up to his expectations, eh?
I have pictures of the Promotion Ceremony, I'll post 'em as soon as I get them from Single Son ... if only so you can finally see how short I cut my hair a few weeks back.
And short it is. Personally, I love it short.
Chicken, however, had an opinion that differed ... and couldn't wait until we were alone to tell me "you need to grow your hair back out". Excuse me? I don't think so!! I chose not to get mad at him for stating his opinion rather strongly, but it sure reminded me why I'm single and plan on staying single. LOL. ... telling me what I *need* to do ... no siree, I won't play that game!!
Ah well. He's still a dear friend ... regardless.
We have a new member is our chapter. Well, not exactly new, she's been a member for a while, but this was our first face to face "encounter", I have talked to her on our monthly internet (skype) conference calls for a few months now. I'll call her Ariel. She's rather soft spoken online, but in person she's as goofy as I am. Turns out we have a lot in common. She loves all things Star Trek, as well as lighthouses, and ... get this ... the britcom, "Keeping Up Appearances". My new best buddy! LOL. She has awesome ideas for some of the events we have coming up, and added a few ideas for events, too.
I'm really excited about this ... not only a budding new friendship (with someone who isn't all full of testosterone) but all of the events we have to plan. LOL.
I did tell her (and Single Son) about the comment Chicken made about me growing my hair back out ... she said what I'd been pretty much been thinking ... "screw him ... shave it all off, that'd teach him to shut his pie-hole wouldn't it?"
Could you see me sporting the Jean-Luc Picard look? hehehe ...

Congrats...on all of it! Just please, no red shirt costumes (you know what happens to them!)
ReplyDeleteRuh roh!! I'm also the Chief of Security AND Chief of Communications. As Security, I have to wear RED!! But don't worry ... I'll send someone else to do the dirty work (perhaps Chicken if he makes many more of his snide observations) ... hehehehe ...
ReplyDelete