KUA

KUA

11/25/11

Thanksgiving

Poor Married Son never did make it home for either his birthday or Thanksgiving.

*****

Thanksgiving went okay. It was a rather small gathering, compared to what Christmas is usually like. We actually had more chairs than butts to cover them, go figure, LOL. That is rare!

The boys (grandsons) were very well behaved. Even the Knight in Rusty Armor was tolerable. Yes, he was there. Seems this week they're "working things out". Oy ... too much drama for me.

We didn't have the normal holiday menu. Instead, there was chicken and ham, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, waldorf salad, dinner rolls. There were also deviled eggs, but the two and a half dozen Cuz's daughter had made never made it to the dinner table. We ALL are guilty of sneaking an egg or three before dinner. Hehehe.

I didn't eat half what I normally would have, so I totally avoided that "ate too much Thanksgiving food as usual" feeling.

Since Cuz and her daughter wanted to hit the Black Friday sales starting at 10 pm and since Single Son had to work early in the morning we called it an early night.

I love my family, but I was ready to come home. Just something about four noisy kids (three under the age of two) that really wears ya out!!

Hope my Thanksgiving celebrating friends had a good holiday.

Now it's on to BAH HUMBUG season!!


No comments:

Post a Comment