My dad's computer crashed again, so he has Brother Deere take it to their computer geek. Dad gets impatient waiting for it to be returned so he orders a new computer!! Geek friend not only transfers the data from the old computer to the new, but he totally restores the old computer, too.
Dad offers me the old desktop, knowing I'm only using a laptop right now. I told him I'd love to have it and would then be able to give the laptop a much needed rest.
I'm telling Single Son all this (with DIL close by) and of course she pipes up "Good, we're buying Grandson a desktop for Christmas but I need a new computer. My laptop is toast. I just need the tower, I have the monitor and keyboard. When can you pick it up for me?"
Hello?
I guess DIL has this overwhelming sense of entitlement ... and it's pissing me off!!
You live here freaking free ... I sure don't count the toilet paper (or dish soap, laundry soap, paper towels and garbage bags) that I MAKE you "donate" for living here (since you consume the most of these products anyway, it's ONLY FAIR to buy what you use) ... and you think YOU are entitled to jack squat.
Did I ask if YOU wanted it? No ...
Do YOU work? Yes ...
Can you save part of YOUR paycheck to buy a computer? Probably ... if you didn't piddle your money away on useless crap you don't NEED.
I'm on my way shortly to the folks house to run some errands and do some chores for Mom. Dad really wants the old computer out of his condo, but I'm going to ask him to store it for me for a while longer. At least until after Married Son is home and I get to talk to him about this crap.
What, oh what, will I blog about when DIL is history?
I know ... my new sense of freedom ... my new job ... my life being so dull without the DIL complication.
I can't wait!!
Wait - why do you need to talk to Married Son? The computer was offered to YOU - that makes it YOURS....and you just tell her she can't have it. I'm sure you didn't feel like arguing with her - but avoiding conflict doesn't work. If your Dad wants it out of the house - then you should take it now - and just put it in your room - why make your Dad have to "hide" it....and for that matter it would really suck if DIL happened to talk to your Dad and convince him to give it to his grandson.
ReplyDeleteJust say NO NO NO NO NO.....or if you like- give me her phone # and I"ll tell her NO for you ;).
What Em said!
ReplyDeleteAnd Amy says no even better than I do (unless it involves animals, lol).
ReplyDelete(it's true!)
ReplyDeleteLOL! Turns out Dad's not entirely in love with his brand new state of the art computer and won't give up the old computer until he's figured out Windows 7 ... or as he calls it Widows 7. Don't know if he'll keep the new, or the old ... or what. So that NO argument will wait for another day.
ReplyDeleteProbably for the best, as right now, as I type, DIL's father is in the basement - MY basement - fixing our washing machine. He's chewing her out royally for over-stuffing the washer, essentially killing it. It's been an issue with Single Son (and their constant fight) because she does this ... glad we have "back up" on why it's necessary to NOT stuff the washer past a certain point. And as I'm listening from the safety of my own room LOL ... he's going on about "and now you see why you aren't welcome to move back in, you have no respect for any damned thing". You tell her, Daddy-o. Oh wait ... wonder where she'll go when spring comes and Married Son files. Hmmmmm. Not my problem.
And ya, the whole thing with the computer had me pissed off ... mostly at myself for not telling her as soon as her lips started flapping that she was full of it, that it's not coming in the house for her, it's coming in the house for me to use (mostly for company stuff).
Another blog to follow soon (next half hour to hour)... I know ... amazing, eh?