KUA

KUA

2/10/12

Knock Knock ...

Ya, it's me ... appearing at your doorstep. I know, amazing right?

Been running the same for the most part. With a few exceptions.

Single Son has been staying away for three or four days a week lately. Weekends, really. Yup ... he's got a gf. I really shouldn't be surprised, they've known each other for more than ten years while she was married to one of his closest friends (yes, they're still friends). Now they're dating. I guess the soon to be ex has actually given them his blessing ... or more like a "good luck, you're going to need it". He comes home from her house last week telling me he's going to get my car back on the road soon (only fair since it died under his using it). And that he's looking to buy a house near her. A nice little foreclosure he found, a steal of a deal. She called him the other day (many times a day, but that's a different story) ... I was nearby and noticed that her name as it appears in his cell phone directory has her first name and HIS last name (not her last name). Great ... what a way to find out they've got plans to marry. Shouldn't her divorce go through first? Oy!!

*****

One step closer to the empty nest? We'll see ...

*****

Married Son's plans are still to divorce DIL. He had a minor setback with the company, but it looks like that won't push back his plans for getting the Wrecking Crew out of the house by much.

In the meantime, half of the week is only me and the Wrecking Crew here. And believe it or not, DIL and I haven't choked each other yet. Actually, she's being pretty reasonable - doing her chores without me even having to ask, driving me where I need to go (Single Son, of course has the only vehicle between us when he's gone) and has on occasion even said to me "Mom, come eat, I made more than enough for all of us".

Maybe she's on to Married Son's plans? I doubt it ... besides, she keeps making comments to Married Son about "you can have this kid when we divorce", "when we divorce you better make sure I have a working vehicle", or "don't worry about alimony after we divorce" (considering she can't get it until after 11 years of marriage here in Michigan anyway) ... but it makes me wonder what her motivation for "playing nice" is all about.

*****

So, Married Son's small business setback? Remember I said he had bought two trucks and hired a driver? Well, the company OTE contracts through, ASE was supposed to have done the interviewing, back ground checks and everything else (after all, drivers contract through ASE). Well, their Human Resources department failed miserably. "S" should not have been hired. He LIED on his application. A major lie, too. One that if he had told the truth about he never would have been hired as a driver. But he was. Now we are STUCK with an extra truck (ASE froze that asset for 45 days while this is all being sorted out), which means that OTE is stuck with truck payment, insurance payment and charges for storage. Not to mention all the money we're losing by it being idle. At least ASE will unfreeze it soon, and actually will take over our payments (of course, then it becomes their truck, but at least they're working to keep Son driving and keeping us from going under). In the meantime, it's meant payless paydays for me. I'll get paid for the lost paydays eventually ... but this sucks. All because some arse lied big time on his application ... and ASE didn't catch it in their back ground check!! Son is taking on expedite contracts like a madman trying to make up the difference. Looks like it's working, too ... he's had runs literally every day for the last two weeks (not an idle day yet). The books are finally coming out of the red!

*****

Life goes on ...

*****

But, I've been in a funk lately. A lot of it has to do with OTE and the problems we've had. Doesn't help that my checks are way behind and I've had to borrow money from my mom for the basics, like food and meds, again Grrrrrrr. I've really been napping a lot more lately because of the funk ... hey I guess it beats over eating, right? So ... yesterday I was napping in the afternoon. Single Son woke me up when he got home from work ... I'm about to panic, thinking I had slept for far too long when he explains to me he's home early. Whew ... half asleep still, I notice he's walking a bit funny and asked if he fell off the Fed Ex truck (again). "No, Mom. I was at the clinic, that's why I'm home early. I got hit by a car today." "Oh no, are you okay? How's the truck? Or did the accident happen with the van?" "No Mom, I was delivering a package to a Fed Ex customer and while trying to cross the street a car hit ME."

What pisses me off, the driver of the car never even slowed down to see if he was okay. And of course, he was laying on the ground and unable to get a license plate number to hand over to the police (and it happened within the village he's a cop for). He's fine ... only slight bruising. Nothing broken.

His Guardian Angel works overtime! Either that or his Guardian Angel is somewhat a practical joker, and possibly a tad sadistic. We aren't sure.

*****

About the only time I hear from the Alien is when she needs something. Usually money for gas to get to the Knight in Rusty Armor's parents house. No ... let him figure out how to get money to go socialize with his family. Heaven knows they won't give him a penny.

Or she calls to ask really stupid questions. I'm not upset, at least she's calling. We do end up talking to each other for a bit. Nice to catch up with what's going on in her life from time to time.

And no, they won't be moving in once Single Son and the entire Wrecking Crew move out. I've got plans to turn the spare rooms into rooms for ME ... an office and a craft room. Ahhhh, being able to use my whole house just for me ... there's no way in hell that she'll ruin that!!

And the first person that suspects I may bend has my permission to crack me a good one upside the head!!


4 comments:

  1. 1) heck of a way to find out, but if he's been by her side for so long he knows her downsides by now...so i think it's all rather romantic.

    2) maybe she's trying to play it like she's the one wanting to leave him and won't he regret it if she does type of thing. which totally doesn't work when he's the one wanting her gone :)

    3) as long as you get your back pay....

    4) wow...lucky for him! and so sad that there are people like that, who wouldn't even stop....

    5) depending on when Em get here, I may see if she wants to head up there or at least meet you in Toledo. We can do Don't make us come there early to crack you upside your head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I guess her downsides aren't too bad ... so long as she keeps taking her meds. I guess neither one of them really paid much attention to their emotions towards each other until this last split with her hubby (a semi annual thing I hear) ... but ya ... it is romantic in it's own way.

    2) I'm not sure. She's a selfish person. I don't think she'd be capable of "making it easier on him" when all she can see is what she wants. But you never know. Anything is possible.

    3) Back pay with interest. This is my second time with payless paydays and he's been great with repaying once the books are back in the black.

    4) He's still a bit sore from the whole thing, but as we all know, that boy bounces back better (and faster) than most.

    5) Give me a few days warning if it's Toledo for the scene of the SmackDown ... I'll have to borrow the van. Not that I'm going to let Alien move back, but any excuse to meet up with you and Em would work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Em may not come in here too often - but I can make that road trip thing work....you just need to tell me when I'll need to arrive or when I'll need to leave whichever way you decide to go.
    But like Amy, I do not want to have to come up to Michigan early to kick your butt....so behave yourself and remember to just say NO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL ... believe me ... I don't want either one of you coming to kick my behind! This alone will help me say NO should the occasion arrive. And besides, I'm going to be enjoying being ALONE ... that's good motivation for that word ... NO!!!!

    ReplyDelete