KUA

KUA

3/6/12

Feeling good ...

You'll be pleased to know that Married Son has paid me in full for all past due paychecks. In cash. Yay!!

First off, I took 28% right off the top and put it aside for Mom (money I owed her for getting through a payless month - yes, an entire month without pay!)

And of course, I went shopping. LOL. I bought the much needed groceries. I have to say, I've been really into couponing lately. Add shopping the sales fliers and 10/$10 (11th item free at Meijer's) and I managed to buy a week's worth of groceries for just under $25. I'd have bought more, but my cupboards only fit a week's worth of food!! LOL.

I needed to buy a new pair of black pants for the upcoming STARFLEET event at the DSO this weekend. My only other pair of black pants are two sizes too big ... and if I sneeze they fall around my ankles. Not something I want George Takei to witness. Soooo, twenty bucks for a pair of black jeans and I will not have to worry about traumatizing Mr Takei (or my fellow Nerds).

I also stumbled on clearance shirts for two bucks each. Got two of 'em.

Left the store having spent about five bucks under the sixty bucks I had budgeted for the trip!

Being poor sure has it's advantages. I can honestly say I know how to squeeze the most out of my money ... or as Gigi used to say "pinch a penny so hard that Lincoln cries".

And with all that I did manage to buy, I still have sixty percent of the money in my wallet. I'm sure it'll last me for months, lol.

WTHeck is it with me putting everything into "percentages"?

*****

Those new black jeans are "feel good" pants. For the first time in ... oh, I don't know how long ... I'm able to get into a size 20 jeans!! Standing up, they're only a tad snug ... and I confess, I look damned good in them. Of course, in a seated position, breathing is out of the question. A small price to pay!! Who needs to breath anyway?

And when you consider that not three years ago I was wearing a size 28, well, dammit, I'm proud of myself.

Anyone need a tent? I still have my size 28s in the back of my closet. Just a little modification and they'd protect two campers with room to spare.

*****

What's funny about that above comment about modification ... I'm seriously thinking of cutting them up and making stuff out of them ... tote bags, purses, whatever. All I need is a sewing machine!

And thanks to Pinterest, I've found a lot of nifty patterns for all sorts of projects. Good thing, I estimate when I get to sorting all my clothes, I'll have literally a truck full of things I can no longer wear!

My mom has an extra sewing machine I'm hoping I can get her to part with. If not, there's a "craft" sewing machine up at Meijer's for about fifty bucks. I'm just waiting for it to go on sale ... or for mPerks (their online customer appreciation site) to offer a discount coupon on general craft merchandise.

My next big shopping trip is going to be to the Sears Clothing Outlet in Serling Heights, MI. A facebook friend of mine just recently went there and spent under seventy-five bucks for almost $600 worth of clothing. But that won't happen until I clear all of my fat clothes out of my closets, dressers and storage.

And believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to spending a day looking through the racks at Sears Clothing.

*****

I'm in such a good mood, and since having changed from my new black pants into my comfy (baggy) night shirt so that I can breath again ... I'm NOT going to blog about the recent antics of the female part of the Wrecking Crew. Nope, not today ... she's not going to spoil this mood!!



No comments:

Post a Comment