KUA

KUA

4/15/12

April 15 ...

So, now that I'm finally back to being a tax payer after so many years of unemployment, I'm happy to say my taxes have finally been filed. I'll be getting a big fat nothing back from the feds, and a whopping four bucks back from the state.

I know ... don't spend it all in one place!!

*****

Got a call from my friend Chicken yesterday. What's with him? Telling me how I should feel, or worse, what I should be doing. There sure as hell ain't no ring from him on my finger (and even if there was ... ) and I don't remember asking for his opinion.

It started off with some idle chit-chat that turned into him asking if I'd grown out my hair yet. That "short hair on an overweight woman is unbecoming. I don't like it, grow it out." Jackass ... ah well, I'll just make sure that my hair is freshly trimmed just before our next Trekkie event!!

I had mentioned my ever present dream of the empty nest only to be told I'll hate it when it happens. That I'll hate living alone, it's miserable to be alone. Excuse me? First of all, living alone isn't being alone ... and besides, just because he hates living alone doesn't mean I won't enjoy the hell out of it. Grrrrr.

Then he starts bitching that our Star Trek meetings are just too far away for him to attend, and that I, as the XO of the Chapter, need to move the meeting to where it's closer to him. Hell no! Our meeting places were calculated for the central most location to ALL of the members. That he moves frequently AND so far away isn't MY problem.

I won't even get into him asking if Gizmo would have room in the van for him for our trip down to Tennessee for the Trekkie Convention in August. No way in hell that'll happen. Gizmo can't handle him for a two hour meeting, let alone a nine hour drive one way ... and four days in Tennessee!! Oh, and he wanted to bunk with us at the hotel (free of charge, of course). Ummmm, nope!! I haven't warned Gizmo yet of this part of the conversation. I'm sure Chicken will be calling Gizmo to beg for a ride down.

Forty something year old men are not pretty when they throw childish temper tantrums when not getting their way.

Thankfully I shared the "code" with Gadget ... the make-an-excuse-to-get-me-off-the-phone code. As a family we've used it since I was a little kid and I'm happy to keep this one tradition going. She "performed" well and I was off the phone with Chicken before I could say something stupid - like grow up, the world doesn't revolve around you Mister.

The older I get the more intolerant I am of fools.

*****

Ah well, such is the life of a person who doesn't get out of the house much. LOL.

Time to go take a quick shower, gather up the crafts I want to do tonight and go watch the conclusion of ABCs "Titanic" mini-series.


5 comments:

  1. Does Tennessee take you through Indiana? I will even meet you along the way! Bob likes Star Trek and is a talker like Gadget so it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I'm not sure how close to Indiana we'll get. Gizmo has a route figured out, google maps ... 75 to 71 to 65. Are you near any of those, lol ... Although I'm sure that once he plugs the destination into the GPS we'll get different results (we usually do). I'll have to twist his arm for a side trip!! Tell him it's a Star Trek mission, to meet up with a Trekkie ... and maybe get him into STARFLEET (sfi.org), LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are now eating in Seymour IN, right on 65 and it happens to be the biggest city near us. You have months to work on Gizmo to convince him (if he wants to be cautious I can even give you our professional licensing numbers to look us up). Anyways, Seymour is one of the places I shop all the time because they have a super Walmart and our county doesn't...

    ReplyDelete
  4. deleted my last comment: i'm wrong...if you're taking 71 it means you won't catch 65 until louisville instead of right by us. still, i know great places to stop for a quick breather/food there since it's still within my stomping grounds and it's roughly the halfway point for you guys anyways so you'll need a break by then! as long as it's not on a saturday or sunday. i can even save up and treat you guys to the place em and i met at, right on the river.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few months to work Gizmo on this one ... I should be able to, depending on what time we leave. I'm not sure what day we're leaving exactly, but since Gizmo is the Chief of Operations of STARFLEET we have to be there a day earlier than the others. It's the first few days of August is about all I know at this point. I think he said something about August 2 (Thursday).

    I know, I'll tell him either we stop for a meal with you and the hubs, OR we take Chicken along to Tennessee. hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete