KUA

KUA

4/13/12

Friday the 13th.

And here I am again, swearing my ears are bleeding. It's Gadget (formerly known  as DIL2, lol) ... she's been here for two days now and hasn't shut up once.

I knew she was coming over on Wednesday so I shut myself in my room to work on some craft projects in the hopes of at least a few hours of quiet. Nope. She knocks on my door not fifteen minutes after she gets here with a box in her hand. "Mom can you help me figure this out?" It's a freaking ovulation prediction kit and she's asking ME? There's things I just don't wanna know about their relationship ... this being one of them. But no ... she doesn't know what topics to avoid or when to shut up.

The motor-mouthing might not be so bad but she's told me some things a dozen or more times. Twice was bad enough, but a dozen times (and that is no exaggeration folks).

Add that she's making herself a little too much "at home" and I'm ready for a padded cell. It's bad enough my sons knock on the door when I'm showering so they can make a quick pit stop ... she's doing it now, too. ONLY .. she doesn't close the bathroom door (letting out my precious warmth from the shower) and she talks the entire freaking time she's piddling.

It's enough to wish the drain monster would come and take me away.

Gawd knows Calgon ain't doing it.

Right now she's in bugging DIL. I'm loving the few minutes of silence.

The real sad thing is, as much as I do like her, I'd like her a whole lot more if she'd just STFU on occasion. Oh, and that ovulation kit ... that's just TMI ...

*****

So, DIL2 will forever be known as Gadget. I've also come up with a new name for Single Son, since he won't be single for too much longer. His new nickname is Gizmo. Perfect ... he's a gizmo geek (on top of being a Star Trek Nerd), and it was a nickname he had back in elementary school thanks to the Gizmo backpack he carried daily. So ... Gadget and Gizmo. Cute, eh?

*****

As I mentioned in my last blog entry, the car is dead ... and gone. I had to go out to the mechanics to clean 'er out on Monday. I did get a little emotional over parting ways, but not so much that I actually cried or anything. Like I've done with other cars I've had to part with.

Married Son was home for Easter. We went over to my mom's to pick up the title of the car to turn it over to Volunteers of America. He tells Mom that he and Gizmo are going to buy me a car for Christmas. Nothing fancy, but a good reliable car. Until then, it's borrow a vehicle until Gizmo decides what sort of car he wants. And he's taking his time figuring it out. Grrrrr.

I told the boys that if they buy me a car for Christmas, then they're exempt from all gift giving occasions for the next five years. Married Son laughed "but Mom, you know how I love to give you gag gifts so don't expect me to follow that request to the letter".

Great! I already have a cane (florescent orange), a jumbo remote, jumbo playing cards, over the hill cane ... what more can he give me? Don't ask ... I don't have a jumbo calculator yet.

*****

I talked to my Mom today. She's saying that Daddy is very unsteady on his feet anymore. That and he needs to stop every few feet to rest. She has to hold onto him for even a trip to the bathroom. Trips out of the house (expect for doctors appointments) just don't happen anymore, she's too afraid he's going to fall on the four short steps that lead from the house into the garage.

And that's always a good possibility. He's fallen getting into bed, getting out of the shower, walking to the kitchen ... and more. She can't lift him, so she has to call 911. They're on a first name basis now.

Mom and Aunt Silly are going next week to check out the nursing home nearby. Mom really doesn't want to consider this, but she knows that he's just way too much for her anymore. I asked if my moving in would help, she said no ... he's way too much for me to handle if he falls.

*****

No news on the Alien front. I only hear from her when the Loser is out of the house. When she kicks him out, or he moves out, is the only time I hear from her. Usually for "can I borrow twenty bucks" or "can you sit for the day" ... otherwise ... he really doesn't want her talking to her family. Isolation ... and she doesn't see that he's isolating her from us. Jerk wonders WHY no one in the family likes him ... got an hour, bud, I'll tell you!!

Not much I can do about it. She's an adult and made her choices.

*****

Well, time to go get ready for my monthly Star Trek meeting tonight. We're meeting at a new location. Logan's Roadhouse. I'm armed with coupons and hungry ...


4 comments:

  1. gizmo and gadget do sound great together!

    hope you get a car soon

    sorry to hear about your dad's health, but i'm glad you guys are honest about not being able to take care of him. too many try to be in denial and their loved one ends up hurt by accident.

    isolation...traditional abusive tactic...my ex did that too. but we all know it doesn't do any good pointing it out; she has to figure her life out for herself.

    the nerd in me briefly thought of logan's run instead of logan's roadhouse. both sound good ;)

    know you are busy (hope the star trek position is going great, btw!--although i think any duties you may have from it you'd enjoy just because they are the trek chapter duties, lol!) ...anyways...know you are busy, but blog more! i fell like i'm the only one left on here anymore (nevermind i went through a dry blogging spell for forever not too long ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that Gizmo and Gadget have new names, I'm really wondering if Married Son doesn't deserve an "upgrade", too. DIL, however, will remain DIL forever and ever ... or until that time she becomes exDIL, lol.

    Thanks, I hope I get a car soon, too. It's a pain to have to borrow the van, do what I need to do, and be back to get Gizmo from work when he calls to say he's done delivering packages for the day. I want to go to the Titanic Exhibition in Dearborn, and I want to go alone ... so I'll have to go through that hassle of borrowing his van.

    My ex did the same isolation crap to me, too. I also know that all the good intentions by others falls on deaf ears unless the one being isolated is ready to get out. Makes it harder for me, knowing she knows exactly what I went through, and here she "allows" it in her life. At least, I believe if push comes to shove, she'll beat the shit out of him in self defense. She was always good at bullying the bully.

    Logan's Run ... now there's a good movie!! And Logan's Roadhouse had great food. I'm not a steak eater, and it IS a steakhouse, but they had an appetizer platter (bbq chicken, potato skins and mozzarella sticks) that filled me up!! Good eats. We go back in two months, you know what I'm ordering!!

    Yup, busy is the word. And for the most part, I'm loving my responsibilities with Star Trek. But between work (yup, still playing secretary for the trucking company) and Star Trek ... and crafting like a crazy woman ... busy busy busy. More on those crafts later (including photos). I'm to the point I'm going to start delegating some of these Star Trek things to others ... why should I be selfish and have all the fun? I mean ... just the bowling event for next month is taking up way too much time - time I could spend sleeping, crafting, pinning (hehe) ... or blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your Dad's health.
    I have just had the best giggle in ages reading your blog - I do sympathise, but love the way you write about your family, Gadget and Gizmo (;
    My neighbour's sister talks non-stop and leaves the bathroom door open to carry on a conversation - trust me, when you're sitting in the garden next to a ground floor bathroom that's not what you want to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, thanks ... Dad's health has been going downhill slowly since his first stroke (or was it the quadruple by-pass surgery) way back in 1996. It's hard to watch. Thankfully he refuses to stop laughing ... but to get him to stop doing things that make him fall!

    It's Daddy's sense of humor that shows when I blog. That sometimes sick and twisted outlook at life as we experience it.

    The neighbor? Yipes!!! Hopefully the view from your garden isn't as invasive? We're lucky here in that the model of house I have (as well as the neighbors on each side of me) have only one bathroom, on the upper level. No windows to have to see or hear 'em.

    I'm glad Gadget feels at home around here ... but not so at home that she's considering making this her residence (she's pestering Gizmo to find them a nice place about twenty miles from here). I wish her wanting her own home would rub off on DIL. Goodness knows DIL needs a home of her own!! However ... Gadget needs to respect that I don't want to see her hind-end up close and personal. Oy!!

    ReplyDelete