I only weigh myself at the doctor's office or occasionally when at my parents place.
And I know I've blogged about the need to buy smaller clothes lately.
So ... put two and two together, and you've got a slimmer LCM!!
And yes, I'm tooting my own horn here.
I weighed myself at the folks the last time I was there ... 207 pounds. Now before you gasp and think "that's a lot of lady" ... I'm down from 286! Yes ... 286 pounds. Can we say heifer.
And last night at the store I bought the first pair of shorts I've had in years. Real shorts ... not an old pair of worn out jeans cut off! Shorts! Granted my legs aren't ready for public display yet, all the weight I've lost I need to tone 'em up!! But this is the first step. Second step will be loosing that jiggle jiggle. Then it'll be taking care of that ghostly pallor ... Casper the Ghost legs. That's me.
I just need to motivate myself to take walks!!
*****
I'm in the process of setting up my pledge page for the Suicide Prevention Walk in September. I'm going to be asking ya'll here and on facebook for a small donation of only five dollars each. My goal is $150 (their website is secure for online donations). Each and everyone of you who have been effected by suicide please consider a donation. I will be adding "sponsors" to the back of my event shirt in recognition of your donation - or in honor of the person(s) you've lost to suicide.
*****
STAR TREK CONTENT
So the crew have been busy little beavers. They've already contacted the IG's Office (Inspector General), the people that make sure we're behaving by STARFLEET rules and regulations. Seems thar be discourse amongst the ranks concerning our Captain's behavior. The Senior Officers of our Club (appointed by the Captain, not elected) held a vote to see if they thought a Vote of Confidence (VoC) was in order. It passed by a vote of 6 to 2.
As I was typing this, the Captain called me. "WTF is going on". Talk about being glad I wasn't in the loop on this one!! "I don't know, Captain. I saw the email from the IG's Office. That's all I know about anything. I'm as in the dark as you are". And now he wants me to spy on my own people to find out what the scuttlebutt is! Hell no!! I know enough but I'm not telling him ... besides, members quitting, being talked to numerous times by Gizmo about how he conducts himself, DT storming out of a meeting, and so many more things that I've previously blogged about should be his first clues.
Captain has already stated that if he wins this VoC everyone who voted against him will be fired. If he loses he and his wife will both be leaving STARFLEET. He even went so far as to say the Star Trek shirt his wife gave me will need to be returned if he loses the vote. Fine, feel that way the shirt goes back to him the next meeting we have regardless of the outcome of the votes! I don't need "fair weather" friends with conditions on their gifts.
I know ... you're thinking "this is silly. It's a fun club for nerds. Ya'll need to get over it". I'd love to! But I see the club my son started ten years ago falling to an ugly death ... there's no fun anymore. There's only stress and discourse. Long time members quitting because of it. And more members threatening to quit every day.
Time to make it fun again. Time to remove the stresses. See if we can repair the damages with the members who quit, and move forward. To bigger and better places.

Congested (i swear I typed congrats but it autocorrected and I think it is funny so I am leaving it!)
ReplyDelete....anyways, *Congrats* on the weight loss. That is an incredibly impressive loss...i'll have to add you to my list of people to be motivated by. Seriously, when I want to give up I have a handful of people I look at and think "they did it, so can I".
Good luck with the Starfleet turmoil; hope it is over quickly and things get back to fun! (walks off shaking head at asking for a present back....)
Aw shucks ... never thought I'd inspire anyone. LOL .. and love that *congested* ... even though the bronchitis hasn't totally left me yet.
ReplyDeleteWeight loss ... it's all will power!! And a few smart changes in behavior, too. Common sense (me talk common sense, oy).... but you need a pep talk and an "atta girl, look how far you've come" ... you just let me know!! I'll grab that cookie outta your hand!! Probably eat it, too (hey, it's common sense not total avoidance!)
Gizmo ain't too happy with me right now, LMAO ... he's got a ton of paperwork that he's doing concerning the whole Captain mess with STARFLEET and the IG's Office. Actually he took it upon himself to do it. I asked for his assistance since I've never had to file official papers for a mutiny before!
Now I'm off to shop the www to see if I can find a brand new uniform shirt!! ::rolls eyes::
Here we go ... I just got an email from the head of the IG ... asking for my vote to keep Captain in charge or not. Voting it open for two weeks ...
ReplyDeleteYour good deed about the walk has turned into two good deeds since it is what finally led to the vote and (hopefully) the return of a good fun fleet chapter all can enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWe can only hope!!!! I've got a huge headache from all the drama that's happening!! DT and the Captain have started a verbal war on our clubs yahoo!groups page ... two grown adults ... all I wanna do is tell them to go to their rooms until they can behave. The "war" is not helping Captain's cause a bit, he's only hurting himself. DT has resigned from his "senior officer" position over this, and if this crap continues I'm sure he'll quit the group entirely. He's already talking about starting a new chapter if Captain passes this Vote of Confidence. Oh, and in a private email Captain turned "the bridge" over to me - in other words he's turning control of the club over to me until further notice. I think he really just tightened his own noose.
ReplyDeleteIt's a freaking mutiny ... and I'm not commenting on anything outside of this blog.
I need to find the humor in this ... I mean really. Anything that makes the Wrecking Crew look NORMAL is sad!! Sad indeed.
What I wouldn't do right now for a little "dish drama" instead!!
What just happened here? After a day of verbal attacks and counter attacks on the yahoo group (I've been following but NOT responding) ...
ReplyDeleteGizmo was fired as the Ops officer after all ... a few hours later we get a message on the group from Captain ... "I QUIT."
So much for the voting process. Captain is out ... guess I can call him ExCaptain now. Although if he's quit I will probably never hear from him (or his wife) again. I wonder if FedEx would let me COD a package? Let him pay the delivery charges for his un-gift.
That makes me the new Captain of the USS Sinclair. Time to reinstate Gizmo to his former (LOL) position as Ops Officer ... appoint my XO ... and repair the damages done by this last week. Wait, not even a week ... four days. Seems longer!!
Wow...fast!
ReplyDeleteAnd congested! Lol, autocorrected again....I meant contests! Dang it, c.o.n.g.r.a.t.s.!
ReplyDeleteFast is right!! And now the jumping begins .... so much to do with processing paperwork in the next few days. Crazy!! But once things settle down, it'll be back to normal!! Yay!!
ReplyDeleteCongested Contests? Man, your autocorrect HATES you!! LMAO