KUA

KUA

6/9/12

You've Been Warned ...

STAR TREK BLOG ENTRY ...

XO's log ... stardate .... oh hell I haven't figured out how to calculate the stardate ...
Earth Date June 8, 2012 ...

Today's meeting went alright. If you could ignore the general Me, Me, Me noises coming from the Captain. Every darned thing was about him ... his "heroics" with getting recognition from STARFLEET ... or about how we can turn every event into a recruiting event. How he wants to spend money we don't have on a banner (think high school marching band banners in a parade), or an expensive display board for recruiting purposes, or even pooling our money for bidding on a shuttle prop that has come up on auction and was used in one of the series (and is in horrible condition). In other words, not a damned thing that benefits us as a chapter, but only acts as another few feathers in his cap (and on his journey - delusion - to eventually be the head of STARFLEET).

Yes, I brought up the Community Walk ... and yes, he still had his fit about how we could turn it into a recruiting event, if only "on the downlow" so "they" would never know about it. Or even boldly suggesting we openly walk with a banner to let people know we're proudly supporting the Suicide Prevention walk.

Okay!! Enough playing nice gal here. I pretty much blew up (or thought I was using a tone that would get my message across). I explained to him, once again, how it is their event, not ours ... and I will not tolerate someone breaking their rules or stealing center stage from their cause. PERIOD. That he sure wouldn't like it if someone "invaded" one of our events to distribute their message. And I will not tolerate it from anyone in our group.

And he still tried to argue the point with me!!

Just when I thought I was going to have to go postal on him (and something I didn't want to do with a one year old in the room) one of my "shipmates" speaks up ... "Look, we are a non-profit group. We are active in community and charity events. Why do you need to turn everything into STARFLEET? I love Star Trek and STARFLEET as much as the next guy, but there's a time and a place for it. This is neither. I for one will happily support this event in any way possible, including wearing one of their officially sanctioned event shirts or my every day street clothes. But I will not wear STARFLEET as this is NOT a STARFLEET event. And I recommend anyone who wishes to turn it from the charity and into their own little selfish gains needs to 1) grow the F up ... and 2) stay home the day of the walk (or something very close to these words).

Well said!! We think it actually may have sunk into the Captains gray matter, too!!

After the meeting was adjourned, every single person there (except for Captain and his wife) came up to me SUPPORTING not only the Community walk (and pledging at least a small donation) but volunteered to walk with TMACK and her team!! Six volunteers!!

The real action was after the meeting when Captain and his wife left ... as well as our two newest members who haven't yet seen the Captain at his finest (they had a good taste today, though) ... My buddy who chewed Captain out, as well as another member, Gizmo and I stayed to discuss the current situation and a growing discourse running through the ranks.

So bad we're talking mutiny here. A real mutiny. And I have to stay OUT of it (drats) ... wouldn't look good if Spock tried to oust Kirk (and I'm the same position as Spock as the XO, LOL) ... too politically charged ... but they did promise to keep me in the loop as far as how it's going. And it's going straight to STARFLEET (via Gizmo who has first hand knowledge of the situation) for a full investigation. And probable removal of office for Captain.

Which would make me the Captain ... OY!!! Not a job I really wanted ... but I have some grand ideas suggested by fellow shipmates that I've tried to suggest for a general vote several times, only to be shot down by Captain. Ideas that benefit ALL the members - like more family friendly activities, fun days, games and/or movie nights, etc. Not just official meetings and one event every four  months.

Gizmo estimates a good 85% of the members want Captain out of office today based on complaints he's received. Heck, we've had THREE great members quit because of him. There's no one that he hasn't pissed off at least twice in the first six months of his term.

It's supposed to be a FUN group. I hate that it's come to this, but hey, if it's causing this much stress on members it's time to look at making changes to make it fun again.

Beam me out of here Scotty ... Don't care where. Just beam me back when this drama is over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment