I had literally JUST punched into work this morning when my cell phone rang. Caller ID showed it to be Mom. Normally I wouldn't have answered it, but because of the situation with Daddy I answered immediately.
Mom began with some small talk. Where was I? What was I doing? I think it gave me enough time to sit down at one of the tables in the break room, "Mom, what is it? What's happened?"
That's when she told me that Daddy had passed in the wee hours of the morning.
I have no other details than that. Daddy's gone.
Mom was a great comfort to me during that call. Telling me to remember that he's at peace now. That he's in a better place.
I honestly don't remember all that we talked about.
I ended up going to the manager's office and explained what had just happened. I was told to punch out and go home. However, I was not allowed to leave until I was composed enough to drive home.
By the time I made it to the front of the store, everyone seemed to have known about Daddy's passing. I was stopped by just about every cashier and given a hug of support. Even my boss, "D", called me at home and asked if I needed anything.
There's days where I really hate my job, but they've been so supportive lately. Can't HATE that sort of support.
Not sure what is going on. Funeral arrangements are pending ... Mom and Brother Deere were going to the Funeral home today to make arrangements.
I don't know when my next entry will be ... but I'll get back to blogging as time permits.
Love ya'll.
PLEASE... not everyone on my FB page has yet been notified, please keep your comment to blogger for the time being. Thank you, I appreciate it!!
Lisa, all I can say is I know its going to be a rough road ahead but let go and let folks do what they will - don't feel like you have to do or be anything for anyone else. Take care of yourself first for once....and as always ((((hugs)))))......
ReplyDelete((Hug)). You have my sympathy
ReplyDeleteEm and Amy, thanks. It's actually proving to be less rough than I would have thought. Plans are progressing smoothly, thanks to the help of the hospital Chaplin and the hospice staff (who are going above and beyond!!). Daddy had grown close to the Chaplin during the last few months, and the Chaplin will be performing Daddy's memorial service.
ReplyDeleteEmotionally, I'm holding my own. I know it's for the best, that he's in peace now ... much deserved peace. Yes, it hurts he's gone, but I keep centering on how he's free now.
Mom's peace and comfort have been amazing. She's doing much better than I had anticipated. Of course, she's been his primary care giver for over 16 years and is relieved that he is no longer suffering.
Good Friday in 1993 is the day we laid my brother to rest. Good Friday is the day my father finally found peace.