2) Feeling a lot better after my fall last Saturday. Had to laugh when we were leaving today, *Polly* (yes, I've nicknamed her Polly ... as in Polly want a cracker) my pain in the butt *friend* wouldn't let me walk on the lower side of the sidewalk, said she didn't think she could handle so much hysterical laughter again. She was a little easier to tolerate today, still a pain with her uncertainties about a relationship she's in, but didn't seem so needy this time around. What is it with me finding these types anyway? The sorts of questions she asks reminds me of two little girls talking about boys on a playground in elementary school.
3) Went grocery shopping with Alien after school. I know, thrilling!! We had a good laugh or two, nice having her back to normal, well as normal as a teen possessed by aliens can be. She really caught me off guard when I said "shit" ... she added "shit flames. save matches". I thought I was gonna lose it.
4) Don't tell anyone but I'm taking the evening off from homework. I need it. I deserve it. COPS is on tonight, you know where I'll be!! Snuggled up under my fuzzy blankey keeping warm and watching COPS. I'm still waiting for the show to shadow my cop son ... like that'll ever happen. Wouldn't that be cool, though? Have a kid on COPS and I don't mean in handcuffs in the back of the squad car!!
5) Can you believe the price of gas lately? Seems it took an economic disaster to bring it back under control. It's still got a ways to drop before I can afford a fill up, but it's a lot better than the dollar more we were paying for gas just a few short months ago .
6) 25 days and counting until I'm in Chicago to meet Helen!! I can't wait ...

Well of course you survived, lol.....you are a great student. Sorry to hear about the test you had trouble with...and I sure wish my professors would have given me extra credit for spelling my name correctly. I don't use much gas, but I am glad its gone down a bit.....and a trip to Chicago sounds wonderful...
ReplyDeleteonce upon a time when i was young and in college the first ime around i had an instructor give me points for my name and grade...out of pity, because those were the only things i got right. got an f, even with that. of course, something about how i'd not gone to class excepting the first day, and then showing up for the final without so much as a calculator (in a physics class)....yeah.
ReplyDeleteI always used to freeze in exams, that's why I didn't do well in school!
ReplyDeleteI can't afford to run a car because I don't need it for work, a five minute walk and I'm there but household gas and electricity costs have spiralled here - mine has gone up £40 a month!!