So ... instead of going shopping like I planned, Married Son brought Alien over so we could just hang out for my birthday. Alien and I decided around 8 PM to go up to the grocery store before I had to get her back to Bubba's house. Only, my car decided it didn't want to leave the driveway. Yup, I got stuck! I can't believe it. I rarely get any car stuck in the snow, but the Grand Am wasn't going to cooperate with me in the least. Threatening it and telling it that the Olds would have gotten out of the driveway didn't help! That car wasn't gonna budge.
I called Married Son. Made him come back to the house to get me. Heck he's got four-wheel drive, he can get anywhere in that truck. He pulls up to the house and actually laughs at me. "Yup, you'll get out alright." The brat!!
This was my car just after the snow stopped.

Alien brushing off the snow. Thanks to blowing, there wasn't as much snow on my car as there was on the ground. Good thing for Alien - the official snow scrapper (when she's here at least).

We walked around Meijer's for about two hours. Got my Christmas outfit (jeans and a seasonal long sleeve t-shirt) and a few Christmas gifts ... as well as some groceries. Chased Grandson and Alien around ... they love to wander off and look in the toy aisles. Hunted down Married Son. Easy to find him since he's usually in the electronics department.
Now I remember why I wouldn't take the kids shopping with me when they were little. Just too much WORK involved! Find the item you want, look for a kid who wandered off ... find another item, look for that damned kid again ... and so on and so on and so on. Doesn't change when they're older. Except I don't stop shopping to go look for them! LOL!
Didn't do a whole lot today. DIL and Alien have been going through some of Aliens stuff, sorting it and packing up what she wants to take to Bubba's house. They're working on packing the truck now to take a load over. One more step closer to having the room for Married Son, DIL and Grandson, cat and dog move in.
Had a few funnies happen today. Grandson loves to lock doors! I've been locked in my bedroom a few times today. I get chewed out when I *escape*. "Gramma, I locked you up, you can't get out". Too funny. The one I don't think is too funny, though, is when he locks the bathroom door. Mind you it's the ONLY bathroom in the house. Nothing like doing the pee-pee dance while picking the lock!
So ... doors unlocked ... Gramma's happy. Until I go to sit back down at the computer. CRASH!! My el-cheapo computer chair broke! The cheap plastic star shaped base just snapped in half. I land on my arse with a THUD ... and start counting. Twenty seconds later DIL asks "Mom, are you okay" and comes into my room. She finds me on the floor, half under my computer desk. She's got this OMG look on her face. Alien sees her expression and comes rushing into the room. She sees me and ... busts out in hysterical laughter. She's laughing so hard she can't help me up. Finally I get her to move the freaking pieces of the computer chair so I can unwedge my arse and get up.
I'm now sitting on a really uncomfortable folding chair. When I go to buy a replacement I sure won't buy el-cheapo again. No sirree.
Luckily I didn't suffer any real injuries. Sure ... my pride. And a charlie horse in my arm where it hit the computer desk. Oh, and I'm finding my tailbone ain't too happy right now either.
And three kids who can't stop laughing ...

Now I remember why I wouldn't take the kids shopping with me when they were little. Just too much WORK involved! Find the item you want, look for a kid who wandered off ... find another item, look for that damned kid again ... and so on and so on and so on. Doesn't change when they're older. Except I don't stop shopping to go look for them! LOL!
Didn't do a whole lot today. DIL and Alien have been going through some of Aliens stuff, sorting it and packing up what she wants to take to Bubba's house. They're working on packing the truck now to take a load over. One more step closer to having the room for Married Son, DIL and Grandson, cat and dog move in.
Had a few funnies happen today. Grandson loves to lock doors! I've been locked in my bedroom a few times today. I get chewed out when I *escape*. "Gramma, I locked you up, you can't get out". Too funny. The one I don't think is too funny, though, is when he locks the bathroom door. Mind you it's the ONLY bathroom in the house. Nothing like doing the pee-pee dance while picking the lock!
So ... doors unlocked ... Gramma's happy. Until I go to sit back down at the computer. CRASH!! My el-cheapo computer chair broke! The cheap plastic star shaped base just snapped in half. I land on my arse with a THUD ... and start counting. Twenty seconds later DIL asks "Mom, are you okay" and comes into my room. She finds me on the floor, half under my computer desk. She's got this OMG look on her face. Alien sees her expression and comes rushing into the room. She sees me and ... busts out in hysterical laughter. She's laughing so hard she can't help me up. Finally I get her to move the freaking pieces of the computer chair so I can unwedge my arse and get up.
I'm now sitting on a really uncomfortable folding chair. When I go to buy a replacement I sure won't buy el-cheapo again. No sirree.
Luckily I didn't suffer any real injuries. Sure ... my pride. And a charlie horse in my arm where it hit the computer desk. Oh, and I'm finding my tailbone ain't too happy right now either.
And three kids who can't stop laughing ...

LOOKS REALLY COLD WHERE U ARE....BRRRRRRRRR.....SORRY YOU HURT YOUR BUM...
ReplyDeleteThree kids and a blogbuddy who can't stop laughing either, I'm afraid. Yes sometimes it's worthwhile spending a bit more....I bet you don't have an Ikea close, which is a same because I'm sitting on Moses....which is an awesome chair for 40.00....
ReplyDeleteSorry you didn't get to do much for your birthday - but it sounds like a good time anyhow.
Tish, I think the pride hurts more than the bum does ... Yeah, it's cold. 16 degrees right now, colder than normal for this time of year. But that's okay ... we're used to it here. LOL!
ReplyDeleteEm, Gee, thanks ... glad I could put a smile on your face. LOL!! We do have an Ikea about an hour away. I've worn the catalog out browsing it and when I have the extra money there's more than a few items I want. I haven't been to the store yet. But that's definitely on my to-do list once I can afford it. Looks like that'll happen sooner than I had planned as I now need a new computer chair.
ReplyDeletewill comment once i'm done laughing, too...
ReplyDelete(happy belated!)
Gee, thanks Amy ... (of course I'm laughing, too - it was funny. I just won't admit that to anyone)
ReplyDeleteBelated Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the usual chaos when the family are home, my son broke our computer chair last week - it didn't collaps, it just kinda folded over sideways but of course we all laughed!
Happy belated birthday!!! I would have sent you a happy birthday on time if I wasn't recuperating from an epidural but I did think of you! I even told Di at work that it was your birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhy does it look like there's a cat sitting in front of the windshield that Alien just scraped ??? Do you see the eyes and the pointy ears? I swear the anesthesia wore off days ago!
Yeah and it doesn't change when shopping with the grandkids either. Boy am I glad I had kids when I was young...LOL Sorry that the chair broke. I use an old office chair that the back broke off of and I just use the little seat. Works like a charm, but I usually use the couch in the living room (I have a laptop and a wi fi connection)
ReplyDeleteToday wasn't that bad out but at midnight that other storm is supposed to roll in. And I hear its a big one also. Whats up with this winter anyway? More snow that I've seen in quite awhile.
Helen Jo ... OUCH, do I feel his pain! At least in my case there were no witnesses.
ReplyDeletePengy, you're exempt this year from being harassed for missing my birthday (again). Wow, that epidural must be strong as hell. I don't see the cat anymore than I saw those butterflies a while back. Damn, girl, I hope you're NOT driving in that condition!
ReplyDeleteBill, I'm hearing this is supposed to be the worst winter in a few decades. Remember when we were kids and the snow was literally feet deep we could build awesome snow forts? Man, those were the days. LOL.
ReplyDeleteWish I had my laptop, but that won't happen for about a year. My friend showed me a neat laptop desk ... I'm also saving my money for it, lol ... http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=569 Geesh, gotta love those *short* URLs.
OOOPS, Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I'm usually good at these things but I'm a little off this season...
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday Lisa.
ReplyDeleteWow look at all that snow......Ouchies on the hurties from the chair..hope that doesnt stay painful long. Hugs!!
Terry, Thanks for the belated birthday wishes. Don't worry 'bout being a little off this season. It happens to the best of us. LOL.
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Helen. Needed that hug, badly. Just watch the arm, please?! Where it hit the desk is badly bruised today. Size of a baseball. I laugh every time I see it or move my arm (it hurts like hell). I sure don't bounce as well as I used to! I'm just glad I don't shovel snow or it'd hurt more. LOL! And we're expecting two to four more inches today I'm hearing. Wanna come back to the States? Chicago is snow covered, too!
ReplyDeleteI seriously would love to come back.. I would like to spend longer in each place. I think next time I want hubby to come with me and not my sister (even though she was only there for 10 LONG days lmao) Chicago is a definite want to go there again place!! Next time I think I should make it late November early December more chance of snow then LOL
ReplyDeleteI hope the bruising settles and is just a yukky color without the pain quickly for you. Hugs!!
It's gonna take you a long time to recover from the Vacation with Sis experience, isn't it? I don't blame you - there's no way I could vacation for even a day with my brother! LOL!
ReplyDeleteLots more chances for snow in December than the end of October. You know I was hoping, though. For your sake, LOL! After Christmas I'll be ready for this snow to end. Riiiight, that'll never happen.
I figure by Christmas the bruise will be that ugly yellow color. Good thing I bought a long sleeved shirt, eh? LOL. Oh, don't tell Pengy ... it's a red t-shirt with a bunch of Penguins on it. It says "Winter Wonderland" on it. It's cute. Too bad they didn't have it in her size (only my jumbo size. But then again, I shop the Fat Lady Department. I don't know if the Skinny Lady Department carried it.) I'll have to see if one of the kids will take a picture for me.
The blisters I had on the pads on my feet were 3 or 4 deep, and have only just started the new skin relayering.. that was all her fault cause she wouldnt listen to me and we had to walk 27 million blocks in New York LOL..I'm nearly over it hahahaha I was hoping too but it just means I HAVE to come back now hehehe
ReplyDeleteAww the tshirt sounds cute and fat is not a word it's fluffy and your really not that big Lisa so hush!
Yup get someone to take a photo.
Damn, that's a lot of walking!! And here I thought our walking all over downtown Chi was bad. You had all that and sooooo much more!! Geesh!! Let me know when you'll be back again. I'm trying to work it with my insurance to buy me a pair of diabetic walking shoes. With any luck I'll have 'em broke in just in time. LMAO!!
ReplyDeleteLOL ... Iz not fat, Iz fluffy!! Yup, that's me. Hehehehe ...
Yup we were staying close to Harlem and walked 49 blocks each day just to get in NYC and then all the walking around there. If someone had of listened to meeeeeeee we could have caught the bus in geez LOL.
ReplyDeleteI'll be sure to let you know =)
Oh the shoes sound like a good idea..lol@ broke in hahaha