KUA

KUA

12/13/08

End of the Semester

Yay me!! I survived another semester. It's officially over now. My last final started at 9:45 this morning. I was out by 11 AM.

Had a neat experience ... last week we had to do presentations ... a pretend company, complete with detailed executive summary, business plan, marketing strategies, and opportunities and problems associated with our business. We chose to own a trendy teenaged clothing boutique. This is also the group where the other two members rarely showed up for class! But we pulled it off!! The presentation was to get up in front of the class and discuss the business plans for our fake business. Our overall grade was a B.

During presentations we had to write down NICE comments about each and every person in the class. We handed those papers in last week so Mr P could organize each of our comments and give them back to us this week. It was very hard to come up with positive comments for some of the students.

So this week we got the list back from the teacher.

The comments other students made about me were:
  • Seemed comfortable speaking in front of the class
  • Came up with good marketing strategies
  • Covered a lot of material
  • Very knowledgeable about the business
  • Excellent expertise in retail
  • A very down-to-earth lady that could make anyone feel right at home
  • Seems to be a leader
  • Was blunt and to the point - a good thing
There were the normal comments, like "good leader", "well done", "natural speaker".

The one I loved was the "down-to-earth lady" comment.

Comments like these will help me to be a better speaker in the future. And I'm sure that I'll have plenty of speaking and presentation opportunities in the upcoming semesters.

Right now, I'm just glad I get a break!! I NEED IT!

Off for a much deserved nap for me.


17 comments:

  1. WTG!!! Did you get to find out who the comments were from? Enjoy your much needed break.... just in time for Christmas baking... Christmas shopping.... Christmas decorating.... by the way, how did you get this garland here?

    Comment: A dedicated blogger who never fails to entertain us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he never told us who made the comments.

    I'm not doing much in the way of Christmas this year ... Married Son's gift is a roof over his head ... Single Son's cell phone bill has been paid. Mom and Dad told me to not get them anything - she knows the finances this year. Alien and Grandson are the only two I'm buying anything for, and because of budget restraints this year they'll be each getting only a gift or two.

    The garland came with the theme I am using. It's from ThemeGirl (in my friends list). Cool isn't it?

    LOL! Thanks for the comment. And just think how entertaining things are gonna get around here with the Crew moving back in? Oy vey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Time for a well deserved rest and break!

    The comment thing is a great idea, gives people a broader idea of how they come across, in buisness thats important.


    ReplyDelete
  4. How come sometimes when I'm writing a comment it just stops and wont allow me to write anymore? Is
    I t has to be this theme, its happened on a coupla other pages with people whom are using the same one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, thanks!! I just got an email from the teacher with my final grade in his class - a B!! Yeah me! Yes, final grades already. Mr P had our grades on the computer. He also started to grade papers as soon as they were turned in. So ... we got grades like six hours after the final exam! Yay Mr P!!

    Mr P had asked me how I felt about the comments. Honestly, I love the idea. As nervous as I was to get up in front of the class for the whole presentation thing, knowing that others perceived me as calm and collected really helped me. Knowing this, I really won't be anywhere near as nervous next time. It's nice to know how others view you!! In a way I wish he'd have allowed more negative comments - constructive criticism if you will - those weaknesses that my classmates had perceived, too. I would like to know where I can make those improvements. But that's just me ... I'm sure others would have said "hell no, I don't wanna know".

    One negative ... I can ramble on so ... really!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, if you write all the way to the garland it will stop but if you write all the way to the garland and then put your cursor on the bottom of this box you will see north and south arrows... drag it down and the box will get longer and then you can write lots more and it will oh lookie a butterfly.... and i'm at the garland and i'm still writing so it must be you....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh ... is my theme causing problems? I'm not having that problem either ... but then I add a few extra lines since I really don't like reading thru the garland anyway and then delete the extra lines before i submit my comments ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on your grade, nice to have positive comments. Enjoy a well-deserved rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Helen Jo. I'm anxiously awaiting my other grades now. The one that really worries me is the Idiot Prof's class. We'll see.

    So much for well deserved rest. Married Son and Grandson are here for the day today. Not sure what they're doing, but it's not getting ready for the big move. I faked needing a nap just to get away from the noise (hope they don't hear the keyboard noises or I'm busted). Don't get me wrong I love 'em both, but geesh ... I made 'em promise to stay away for a few days so I could get some rest before they all move in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations.....and maybe you need to negotiate regular "naptime hours" for yourself once they've moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Em, Oh!! You know it. I'm pretty much figuring on a huge day-long nap. LOL! I love 'em to death, but the constant chaos reminds me why I want an empty nest soooo bad. I dunno, the older I get the more I love my quiet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo for the break! We all need a little break once in awhile! Hubby is on his winter break too.
    All the comments sounded gr8 ! Rock on ;0) Sounds like your a gr8 public speaker. That is something I am far from! Keep up the good work ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angie, Thanks!! Public speaking used to bother me, too, a long time ago. Not sure what changed about that, but I'm okay with it now - as long as I'm prepared for it or know about the topic enough to be able to speak for a while, LOL. Single Son has the chance to do some major public speaking next year. In front of a group of about three thousand people. I don't know details yet, but I'm sure glad it won't be me up there. I don't know IF I could handle that!! 3000 people. That's a lot!

    Don't know how much of a break I'll really get. Between the *gang* moving back in and some classes I'm going to take through the local Business Association, I'm sure the break will be hectic (and too short!).

    Hope you and Hubby are enjoying his winter break!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ummm.... the butterfly that was in the hotel room in SF! I never saw it but Helen did....LOL

    ReplyDelete