KUA

KUA

12/26/08

Whew, I Survived Another Family Christmas!!



As much as I love Christmas, I'm glad to say it's OVER!! At least for another year. And it'll take me that long to mentally prepare myself for it again.

Our family holidays are crazy. Not just Mom, Dad, us kids and our kids (and grand kids), but aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids. It's a zoo! Nineteen adults and eight kids ... oy!! And two adults were ill and couldn't be there!! It was a houseful for sure.

Kids running all around the house, jumping on furniture, crawling under furniture, spilling their sippy cups, arguing over toys ... and on and on and on.


That's Alien in the pink polka-dots.

Add that Cuz's house has white carpeting throughout and a beautiful WHITE sofa in the Living Room ... well, it made for one hairy evening watching certain kiddies jumped with their sippy cups on said white sofa! And I must add here, Grandson was a perfect little gentleman!! He remembered his manners, and actually told a few of the older kiddies "don't run", "no drinks in that room", etc. I'm sooo proud of him!!

Okay, the griping out of the way ...

Cuz's Hubby cooked dinner this year. Yummy ... absolutely fabulous! Appetizers included shrimp, chips and dip, nuts, salami and cheese tray and more. Dinner was a huge spiral-cut ham, Italian sausage, spinach, sweet potato casserole, baked potato casserole, salad, and Waldorf salad. Dessert included two pumpkin pies and a dozen different holiday cookies. Enough that we all were full by the end of the evening.


Don't forget to KISS THE COOK!

Cuz's hubby made a punch that carried a heck of a punch. I had three or four glasses of it myself. Luckily I wasn't driving home last night! LOL! Dad talked me into getting him a glass of the high powered punch. Dad hasn't had a drink in years, this could get interesting! And of course I had to ask how we'd tell IF he got drunk? He slurs his speech and walks with a stagger because of his stroke. No telling if Daddy was drunk!


Cheers!

We got onto the subject of odd family pictures. Mom looked at me and tells the entire family that I have the biggest collection of photos of her flipping off the camera. It's true! I do! Seems every time I point the camera at Mom her middle finger (in her words) "goes into spasms and I can't help but to stretch it. It's not my fault I'm allergic to cameras". Well, not every time, just most! LOL! And wouldn't you know it? She was showing Aunt M how she flips the bird - and I grabbed the camera! Can't let a birdie pass me by! LOL!




After dessert we opened gifts. I got an indoor weather station with lighthouse design, two pairs of jeans, socks and two checks. Not sure what I'm gonna buy ... probably put it towards a new computer chair. I so forgot to have Alien take a picture of me in my *Winter Wonderland* penguin shirt! I'll have to see if Cuz has any pictures I can snag from her!

I pulled a little joke, a family tradition really, on Grandson. He loves cars. I bought him a bunch of cars for Christmas. They're in those blister packs so while I was wrapping them an idea hit me. I wrapped two of the packages, then put them together and wrapped those together. Then I took the other two sets of cars and did the same. THEN I wrapped those together to make one neat little package. Grandson is NOT a wrap-ripper, he painstakingly unwraps his gifts and throws the paper away before he goes on to the next gift. Poor kid, he spent a good ten minutes unwrapping my gifts! Too funny!


I know there's a gift in here somewhere!


Cuz and Princess O


Grandson and one of the cousin's kids


Traditional Picture of Taking Pictures Picture!


All in all, it was a great Christmas. I'm just glad it's over for another year!
Hoping ya'll survived Christmas!

16 comments:

  1. Bad Grandma double wrapping the gift...LOL I bet that was hilarious watching him opening all that paper. And I wonder what hubby "spiked" the punch with?

    Glad that you had a great time with your family and a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuz's hubby used whiskey. That's about all I know about it, other than it was darned good. Strong, too!

    Yup, that's me ... Bad Gramma. And I enjoyed it. Grandson did too. I haven't had a gift wrapping victim since Dad had his stroke. But I'm back in the game now. Hehehehe ... now where did I put that crazy glue? Hmmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you survived--sounds like it was fun!

    your pic of your mom and the bird made me smile, because it made me remember i've few incriminating pics of my mother doing that...the only difference being my mom really is prim and proper, and she just so happens to get hand cramps that lock her fingers--usually all are slightly curled but the middle one never curls near as much so it looks like she's flipping people off. it always mortifies her, especially if it happens in public....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di, it was a lot of fun - even with all the noise the kiddies made. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, That's funny!! My mom is very prim and proper, too, but you'd never know it to look at my photo albums! And she's got arthritis real bad in her hands so they really do cramp up on her. Only, they don't cramp up in *the upright position*, more like when she's grasping things. She's a hoot - and she gets funnier by the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great day! This is the second Christmas without my sister here now and it's definitely not as fun as it used to be. I need to adopt some kiddies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pengy ... I have a few you can adopt - along with their parents. LOL! They are cousins ... they never host holiday meals (even though they live in huge homes that could accommodate us all) ... the kids aren't very disciplined ... and they never offer to bring a dish (or help defray the cost of dinner with a cash donation). Still interested?

    Otherwise, yup! We had a lot of fun. Brother Deere missed out on another great family get-together by coming down with the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... well, I'm not interested in adopting their parents! LOL Our adult kiddies will be here on Sunday and so far I haven't gotten a "what can I bring?" phone call yet. I'm not holding my breath either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee, sounds familiar!! It was funny ... after dinner I went to the kitchen to see if I could help Cuz's Hubby do the dishes ... and lo! and behold!! *They* were already at the dishes. Cuz's Hubby grabbed me by the bruised upper arm and led me away whispering "'Bout time ... let them have some of the fun". We went for another dip into the punch bowl in celebration. LOL!

    Please, don't hold your breath. Smurf blue isn't exactly a Christmas color, ya know? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you all had a good Christmas, don't tease your Mom 'cause apparantly we all end up just like our Mom's - I know I'm getting closer the older I get!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I woulda been stressing with those kids jumping on the sofa and the white carpet yikes.
    Sounds like a great day all round though .

    Great pictures, I spent a lot of time taking pics of my cuz taking pics cause he kept trying to snap me, I might try your moms trick next year lmao

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen Jo, LMAO, it was just Mom's excuse to be a grumpy old lady, really!! Or as my dad has taken to calling her ... *the bitchy old broad*.

    I wonder what my Mum's role model Hyacinth Bucket would say about the whole *birdie* thing? LOL ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helen Jane ... that white camera is a video camera ... it was pretty neat. I wonder what my flash did to Cuz's shot? LOL! But it is a tradition ... just the first time she's used a video camera instead.

    Oh great, the tradition continues, eh? Just don't bring up my name if you're gonna flip off the photographer!! LOL !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol, Hyacinth Bucket would never cope!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helen Jo ... LOL! No she wouldn't cope, would she? LMAO ...

    ReplyDelete