KUA

KUA

3/7/09

This 'n That ...

Spring break is almost over. Drats!! And I'm still not done with my accounting exam. Not for lack of working on it ... it's eight pages of questions! I'm almost done ... just a few more before I can transfer my answers over to a scantron. Yay!! I love those multiple choice questions, even if the answers took a lot of figuring out. LOL.

Let's see ... so what did I do for my spring break? Besides homework.

Been keeping up with ya'll through email updates. Looks like I'm not the only one that's slowed down on blogging recently. LOL! Nice to know we all have lifes outside of the computer room.

Lots of stuff for Elsie's Attic going on this week. I'm in the process of trying to get my webpage up and running. Loads of problems with that. Hoping the resident computer geek (Single Son) can figure it all out. The sooner the better!!

Oh, I decided to carry only $20 and under items on the webpage for the time being. I will have catalogs available to those who want them that have literally hundreds of items ranging from a few dollars to $300 or so.

Had our monthly Star Trek meeting up at a local restaurant on Thursday. It was brought up that on June 1st we'll all need passports (book or card) to travel to Canada. Oops!! I need to get mine and quick. One of the Star Trek groups I belong to is a Canadian group ... and we have lots planned this summer. Won't do me any good if I can't get to Canada to participate, ya know?

Let's see ... yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. No biggie. Just a fasting blood test. I hate those things (only because by the time it's done I'm starved). Jumped on the scale, too. Lost 8 pounds since my last doc's visit last month!! Sad thing is I wasn't really trying to lose weight!! Well, at least not that much. Could you imagine how much I'd have lost if I'd been actually trying?

After my appointment I went to my folks house. I was supposed to teach them some relaxation techniques I learned in Stress Management class as part of an assignment ... like breathing techniques and visualization. Can't teach breathing techniques to my mom ... "I've been breathing for 79 years. Now you tell me I'm doing it wrong?" Geesh!! Same with a visualization technique. Mom visualized the "hunks" from her favorite home renovation show working around the house (need I say in the nude). Daddy visualized pushing Mom into the lake. We went to Daddy's favorite restaurant afterwards. Breaded scallops, a baked potato and chicken noodle soup ... talk about carbs! LOL! But ... after having starved all morning long I deserved it!

Woo hoo!!! It's pouring out! I love the sound of rain hitting the roof. Thunder and lightning off in the distance. Yippee!! Spring may finally be on the way!!!

But ... thunder and lightening means I better get off the computer and shut it down.


11 comments:

  1. I'm waiting by the mailbox for my catalog. =)

    You live that close to Canada and you don't have a passport yet????

    Congrats on the weight loss! I need to lose a few pounds myself. The weather is finally getting warm enough to start walking after work.

    LOL @ your mom "now you tell me i'm doing it wrong?" She still has her sense of humor! Wish my mom had some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pengy ... I guess you didn't get my text message, eh? Thursday I'll get the catalogs. It'll be in the mail as soon as I receive 'em! Promise!!

    (Anyone else wanting one, let me know in a private message or email and I'll send you one! Yes, that's a shameless plug!!)

    Yup, live this close to Canada and don't have my passport yet. Never needed one until now. But they've changed the rules, so I really need to do that now. LOL. Debating if I need a card (land and sea entry only) or if I should just go ahead and get a passport book (land, sea and air entry). Never know if I'll ever win a trip and need to fly somewhere! LOL!

    Yeah, Mom's a hoot. I can't see that ever changing. Too bad I can't get some of my mom's sense of humor to ship to your mom ... heaven knows my mom's got enough to go around. Problem is, she seldom is serious these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 pages? yikes!

    your spring break's even earlier than mine...someone should remind them it's technically still winter!

    I think i'm gonna try your mom's type of visualization if you don't mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, eight pages!! I think I would have rather a midterm exam that did a "show your work" type format ... as it is, it's more work this way to do the test. Ya gotta figure out the answers on a piece of paper anyway. Only plus is that if the answer you calculate isn't on the multiple choice then you know it was done wrong. LOL.

    Yeah, fifteen weeks per semester. We're only coming into week 7 now. At least the weather cooperated this week. Highs ranged from 45 up to 60 degrees!! Lucky you!! I'd love to have a later spring break!!

    LOL ... I could think of a few other hunks I would rather visualize ... David Caruso (CSI Miami), Thomas Gibson, or Shemar Moore (both from Criminal Minds) ... would be my choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems to be a busy time for everyone, I can see where you get your sense of humour from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy, busy...all I seem to do on my days off is clean...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen Jo, busy is good!!
    Yeah, guilty as charged. I do get my warped sense of humor from both of my folks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitty, cleaning ... man, that's something I need to do! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE YOUR PARENTS!!! You could TOTALLY make a sitcom about them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sitcom, eh? The Old and Cantankerous. Yup ... that's them. Who would play them? Bea Arthur (if she portrays Mom similar to her Maude character) ... and ... Dad ... hmmmm. Ernest Borgnine (yup, he sorta looks like my dad!) ... Me. Just the other day some guy in my accounting class thought I look and act like some character on "Desperate Housewives". Don't watch the show, so the character was unfamiliar to me. My brother ... hmmmmm ... any mid-forties actors that can do OCD good? I know ... the dude who plays Monk!! The kids? I"m not even going to venture guesses on who could play them (the Three Stooges are way too old, besides I have a female stooge).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your still busy busy..when is your break? Dont tell me you'll be doing homework the whole time?
    Ohhk then I just read that again and you've had your break and did homework..Doh!

    Hope you get some well deserved rest soon. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete