I had hoped to write a blog the other day, but that didn't happen. Way too much homework to keep me from doing so.
I really need to change my background. I love this background, but sadly summer is over. Time to think about fall. Yay fall!! I'm so ready for the cooler temps anyway!!
School is going good. Monday was the first day of my jewelry making class. Gonna be a fun class! We have three projects to make. It could be anything, so long as it meets the instructor's approval. I had some stones I wanted to set in a ring, no such luck. Stone setting doesn't happen until advanced jewelry class. Poop!!! I won't be taking it since it's not a requirement for my degree (or maybe I will after I get the degree ... who knows).
So ... I'm all into the lecture by the art teacher. The gal next to me isn't and is rather distracting to those of us who want to be in class. She's there for the same reason most of us are ... to fill the art credit. Only ... most of us want to be there!! She kept saying she should have taken Piano lessons instead. I agree!! We had to cut a piece of brass into some shape ... I chose a heart ... she chose something abstract. Next thing I know she's bleeding on MY brass plate when she sawed right through her freaking finger!! I ended up having to patch her up (so much practice with my sons I'm pretty good in a bloody situation). That'll teach her to listen during the safety lecture!!
I still haven't decided what my three projects are going to be. One has to be a chain of some sort, I haven't even really decided on which type of chain I'm going to do, the other two projects we're pretty much free to choose between rings, bracelets, charms, brooches, earrings ... whatever our little hearts desire (so long as it doesn't require stone setting). I better decide and quick, teacher wants designs on his desk by the beginning of class on Monday.
Other than school we're back to "not much going on around here". Who has time for excitement, chaos, confusion or Gremlin visits with a full course load?
Hope ya'll are doing well ... have a great weekend!

At least this courseload is more intersting and fun. I'm sure it's still work, but it sure makes the time go by faster if it's actually interesting!
ReplyDeleteGood luck and hang in there. I only have girls, so I haven't really patched up my share of injuries. *knocking on wood*
i like this background
ReplyDeletesounds like you're already finding a pita for the semester!
i agree with leann, this semester's courses sound more fun. and hopefully easier too.
hang in there!
Ohhh blood I cant stand the smell I would have told her to fix it herself LOL
ReplyDeleteSounds like your really gonna enjoy the jewellery making class a lot, sounds like fun :)
I loved your background too..I havent changed mine in a year maybe? LOL
Ya she does sound like my next PITA doesn't she? If she bleeds tonight she best NOT do it on my metals!! I'm hoping she dropped the class. Really!! Some people just don't deserve to sit near me!!
ReplyDeleteBear with this generic background. I'm looking for something that just screams "me" ... what I need to find is a squirrel sitting in a dollhouse sized lighthouse making jewelry ... OR ... a screen capture of my farmtown farm ... LOL!
Classes are split on being easy and hard. Two of each, as a matter of fact. I'm glad I balanced out the course load this way. After this term it's hard courses (until I get my degree). At least I'll have a new skill (hobby?) to unwind with!
Back to accounting homework ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...
omg the imagery LMAO GOOD LUCK WITH FINDING THAT ONE lololol
ReplyDelete