KUA

KUA

5/6/10

Grades have been posted ...

Yeah, sign of relief. Grades posted today at noon. You know I was watching the clock.

So ... I got an A in both Principles of Management and Human Resource Management. I got a B+ in Advertising and a B- in Principles of Retail Management.

I'd been teetering between Dean's List and "Student in Good Standing" for the last few semesters. That D I got in that freaking Earth Science class last term really had me in a panic as if I'd end up with even a B GPA. Obviously I worried for nothing. Or ... worry made me study twice as hard to make up the difference. Whatever it is, I'm so relieved with my GPA  of 3.14.

Yay me!! I was one of those kids in High School that could have done well, but I just didn't care. I think my gpa in high school was 1.89. Yeah, I passed, barely. And that was having to take a night school class to make up for a flunked course or two. One teacher wrote of my performance "smart girl, if only she would apply herself".

Thirty two years later, my butt is on the Dean's List! And not the shit list (like I was in high school). How'd that happen? LOL.

I finally was able to sell two of my books back to the school. I should have waited, I could have sold it for more on Amazon.com, but I was a little cash short that day and needed a quick sale. A $177 book I got $55 for. Can we say ouch? The other book wasn't too bad. I paid $45 for it, and sold it for $23. Man, I tell ya, I'm looking to get in the wrong business, I swear! They sure make a hell of a profit on text books!

I just realized that this will probably be my last college related entry, well, minus Commencements anyway. And pics ... plenty of pics!! I haven't told him yet, but Single Son is in charge of the camera that day. And if he knows what's good for him, he'll take plenty of pictures of Dear Ol' Mum.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks!! And I will post pics! Promise.
    Commencements are May 15 ... so look for them shortly after that. :D

    ReplyDelete