KUA

KUA

8/4/10

Gremlin is back ...

Can I be excused from the rest of this week, please?

Here's a run-down of the last few days here ...

Thursday, Married Son asks if I need anything while he's out after midnight. Sure, Diet Mt. Dew, please. He forgets, so runs up to the gas station at 1 AM. Comes out of store to find his truck is blocked by a wrecker and a squad car. Repo man chases him down. This isn't the gremlins fault, this is the fault of the truck owner. However ... it seems to set the tone of the weekend and into this week in motion ... Oh, and DIL blames me!! "If he hadn't gone back out to get your pop we'd have the truck." You know I was happy to point out "no, if YOU'd have paid the bill you'd have the truck". Dumbass.

Friday. Midnight. Alien beaten up by Loser. Again, not the Gremlin, but Losers fault for being ... well, a loser. Temper tantrums get you locked up.

Saturday. Tree fell.

Sunday ... my friend Chicken badly beaten and in hospital until this afternoon (Wednesday), when he finally is able to call me to let me know what happened. His cell phone was stolen so he didn't have a way to call anyone (talk about no memory for numbers, lol). He's got a hairline fractured skull, broken nose, bruised ribs ... all because some thugs in his neighborhood in Detroit were bored!

Monday ... Mom went to doctor's complaining of shoulder pain. She's got a "locked" shoulder. Therapy three times a week for at least a month (possibly two). Therapy is right down the street, so I don't need to rush over to sit with Dad.

Also Monday ... DIL is at work. Smells smoke. Investigates. Goes to electric control panel, sees "change filter" light flashing on the a/c panel ... lights go out as she's checking. Her boss is no help "let the place burn down" she says. DIL calls fire department asking for a smoke investigation. The last working A/C unit is on fire (two others haven't worked for a year). Four firetrucks, one medic truck and a bunch of cops later she's home "oh ... I got to see all sorts of sexy firemen today". Building fine. They were open for business the next day (I wonder what the health dept would think of that).

Tuesday wasn't too bad, minus that fight with Married Son ... was that yesterday? It's all blending in to one big gremlin blur at this point. Ya, it was yesterday. On the plus side, being we were all pretty ticked off with each other, DIL went to clean the bathroom, I went to sort through some eight or so drawers that needed attention, and Married Son went to throw fallen tree branches around. LOL.

Today ... Grandson has turned into the Devil Child. We'd expected some "trouble" after his weekend camping trip with his Popa, but this is ridiculous. He asks for food, then after one bite hates it, he says no to everything his parents say, screams yells and has started to hit walls, and really is the most difficult child. Married Son sees this is out of control, that NO child should be allowed to get away with this. Yet, DIL is trying to bargain with him over everything. She undermines Son's authority in front of the child, and tells Grandson he is free from whatever discipline Son just doled out (like sitting in the chair until he eats, even it it means all day). He asked, I told him "not my place. Not my kid. BUT you need to talk to DIL and NOT when the boy is around. He doesn't need to see his parents fighting over him. He's using this to play against you already, Dad's a prick, Mom's a push-over. He's not dumb. He'll keep playing the game until you both can decide on an approach you can both follow through on. Don't let him see you talk to her about anything that concerns adult conversations, especially where he's concerned".

Then ... just for shits and giggles .... DIL has to work. He's going to drive her so he can use her car. Not three minutes out the door I get a phone call, "Mom, we're at the corner by the yield sign. There's smoke pouring out of the Grand Am". Just freaking great. I leave, get DIL and drive her to work. I'm laughing at the misfortune of this last week. She's looking at me like I'm either an evil witch or just plain daft. Half way back home, my gas light comes on in my car. Great, I only brought my license (oh, the legal papers for the car where in the car the whole time, Single Son didn't see them), no gas money or charge/debit card to get gas with. Grrrrrr.

Got home, got comfy ... I hear Married Son say "come on Son we have to leave". Ummmm, wait ... their car is half dismantled on my driveway ... HOW are they going anywhere? And you know I asked! "Your car Mom". "Um, do we ask, or do we take total advantage of dear ol' mom by just stealing her car?"

Screw Calgon!! Delta take me away!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment