Life goes on. Today is gremlin free.
Married Son got DILs car fixed in record time. The smoke was actually from a broken coil spring (gee, that sounds familiar!), that was causing some type of friction-type smoke. Took him under an hour to fix it.
Chicken wants me to come down to Detroit to take care of him while he mends from his injuries. I thought about it for a split second and my decision was no way ... his nose is broken, skull slightly fractured, NOT his legs or back, he can fend for himself. As bad as I need a break from the Wrecking Crew, I am not staying for a few days in one of Detroit's worst neighborhoods. I don't care how good our friendship is. Nope, don't need a break that bad! Besides, you know what a few days of unsupervised Wrecking Crew would do to my house?
Still waiting on the insurance adjuster to come. Not that I need to be home for her inspection, but there are a few questions I do want to ask her.
Alien has her first court appearance on Monday concerning the assault charges against the Loser. I've offered to babysit Butterball for her. Funny now that she sees WHY I wouldn't babysit before but will now.
Speaking of Alien, she's been over almost every day since he was arrested. It's so nice to finally be able to not only rebuild our relationship, but to finally get to spend some quality time with my grandson. He's really finally opening up to me. To see him reach for me now just melts my heart.
And we're carrying on the "ring tradition". You know, I blogged about it back in my early Multiply days ... where the kids break up with their girlfriend, or boyfriend, and I get the ring. Yup, Alien is bringing me the ring that Loser gave her. It's a pretty ring, and holds no sentiment to me ... so I'll be able to wear it without looking at it and remembering the bad (like I did with my wedding rings - that my mother now has).
There's more I'd like to blog, but Alien just called. She needs my help with gathering evidence into a nice presentable portfolio (photos, her blog entries, etc) for the upcoming case.
I'll be back later ...

No comments:
Post a Comment