KUA

KUA

12/6/10

Snowy Monday ...

I'm sooooo glad I live on the east side of the state ... that weather is pretty much missing us. South, north or west, but not here. The west side of the state is predicted to get between a foot and twenty inches of snow today. We've only seen a few inches of snow so far.

Yuck.

I'm finding that the older I get, I'm not liking the snow as much. Or maybe it's just this stupid diabetic neuropathy? The colder I get, the more pain I feel. And snow is cold!! Even with my fur lined snow boots and arctic winter gloves.

But it better snow for my birthday and for Christmas. After that, I have no use for it.

So, why exactly an I up and blogging at this hour? Hellifiknow!! I didn't sleep well ... four or so hours of tossing and turning. Gave up at about six this morning and came online. Applied for four more jobs, after searching through hundreds of listings on Fox2's Job Shop. Two Retail, one office and one hotel service. Figure it's time to expand my search.

Oh ... Em, you suggested volunteering ... Single Son and I were talking last night about our charity event for our Star Trek geek club. We're going with Habitat for Humanity in 2011. Since I'm limited in my physical abilities I was worried that I wouldn't be able to help. He assured me that they also need office volunteers. And with all the volunteers both in the office and on site, talk about a great networking opportunity!

Good news!! I'm about to get a cell phone again. Since I'm on food assistance I qualified for that Assurance Wireless service (free phone and 250 minutes a month) that some of you see advertised on the boob tube. They accepted my application just two days ago (a month in the acceptance process). Now to get it in the mail. It'll make it easier for me to apply for jobs ... I can leave the house and not worry that I'll miss a call for an interview - like I did when the thrift shop called. They had to leave a message. How inconvenient when they have to wait for me to call them back ... and possibly give MY interview to someone else who answered their phone immediately!

I am tired ... I want to go back to sleep. But I won't. My food assistance card was "recharged" at midnight so that means I have the funds and can go grocery shopping! After that, maybe I'll take a nap. Or search for more jobs.

Oh!! I finally got pictures off Single Son's camera from Thanksgiving. Yay!! Now I can upload 'em all and share 'em with you. And to think I got them before Christmas!! In fact, I'm gonna upload those before I venture out to the grocery store.

Now where did I put my shopping list? And the snow scraper ...

2 comments:

  1. just got off work so i'm too tired to comment properly, but wanted to say i'm glad to hear there's a lot of little good things going your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I was thinking of you this morning ... working your dream shift, wondering if you'd adjust quickly. Hope you got some sleep!!

    I ended up going back to bed myself. Got a few good solid hours of uninterupted sleep. About broke my alarm clock when it jolted me out of dreamland. LOL.

    Still haven't been to the grocery store, and here it's now 4:30 pm. I really need to go, but at this point I know that store will be crazy with after-work shoppers so I'll only grab the next few days worth of menu items off of my grocery list. The rest can wait until a more sane shopping hour.

    ReplyDelete