KUA

KUA

1/30/11

Dearest Daughter-In-Law

My Dear DIL,
 
I know I don't say enough how I love and appreciate all you do for me!!

You know I say I'm sorry when I'm wrong, and boy was I wrong about stashing all that stuff that was stored in what is now Grandson's room and putting it in the family room while I was so selfishly distracted with Butterball's recent visit. It really makes it a family room to have all those pretty cardboard boxes and rubbermaid storage totes (and the box with the un-assembled book case) in there now. It makes the room look like it's straight out of Decorator's Digest!! Nice touch, too, with the overflow from Grandson's new room going into the living room. It sure makes it feel homey in there!

I've never told you this before, but you have the best taste in under garments. Thank you so much for leaving them in the bathroom piled high so I can admire them every time I take a potty break.

Thank you, too, for putting your coats on the dining room chairs! It makes it nice and toasty for those who wish to sit at the table. I hope you don't mind that I hang them off the backs of those chairs - I'd hate to see the wrinkles you worked so hard at fall out of them. Thank you, too, for covering the table in papers and junk mail. It sure keeps the table clean for us. Again, I hope you don't mind that I toss them in the garbage after we've used them as table clothes.

I just love using those cookie pans that you've so lovingly engraved with folk art. You're so creative! Who would have thought that a pizza cutter could make designs that would make Martha Stewart jealous? You sure are creative!

Thank you, so much Dear DIL for being you!! I don't know what I'd do without you around the house.

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

  1. My coworkers now think I'm crazy for laughing out load for no apparent reason... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, sorry that they're thinking you're crazy ... oh wait ... ummmm, no ... you're not crazy. Really. (btw, laughing out LOAD ... are we back to the dirty diaper topic from last blog entry? Hehehe ... love ya!!)

    Gigi used to say that laughter is the best medicine ... Dad says that it's the laughter most associated with losing one's mind ...

    You be the judge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK then I'm mad because I laughed too.....

    ReplyDelete