by morons! But this is not news, is it?
Today Single Son came to me, holding his prized coffee mug with gold embossed Star Trek logo "Mom, don't put this mug in the microwave. It was a lightening storm!"
Doih really? Might this be why the microwave makers warn you to not put anything metal (or metal trimmed) in their products? Could be, could be!
Sadder yet, is DIL commented "if it had been varnished it would have been safe" ... they varnish beverage containers? I said "you mean glazed it?" ... "no, varnished". Remind me to never drink (or eat) off their dishes - well, once they FINALLY move out that is.
*****
So, DIL has had a bug up her behind about getting the spare room cleaned for Grandson to sleep in. Well, that bug lasted a day anyway. The last six days or so she's off socializing. Obviously her son sharing their bed (and disrupting her sleep) isn't too high of a priority.
Could it be that my putting my foot down helped squish that bug? LOL .. she wanted to take the many boxes she has stored in there and put them in the family room ... I told her no way, I was not turning the family room into her storage room - or anyone's storage room for that matter. She wasn't happy that I would tell her no. Oh well ...
And I'm pleased to report, there have not been any boxes moved out of the spare room (storage room, junk room, "the black hole", DIL's dumping grounds ... etc). But then, there hasn't been any boxes sorted through lately either.
*****
Not only has there been an increase in Gremlin activity 'round here lately ... dishwasher flooding, toilet overflows, bathroom garbage can toppled, soap (or shampoo) spilled on floor to name but a few ... but I actually busted one little gremlin. Obviously they work in teams.
I was the one who actually caught the little Gremlin playing with the thermostat. Ah-hah!! Busted! Finally! And the rotten little Gremlin had the nerve to transform his appearance so he looked like Grandson - who of course tried to deny his involvement with said activity.
Needless to say after Gramma finished reprimanding him, the Big Bad DIL stepped in and the Gremlin was banished to DIL's room (for multiple "crimes" including lying to the Gramma)
Let's see now if the house stays at a reasonable temperature or if we end up feeling like that turkey does on Thanksgiving Day! In other words, cooked!
*****
Not much else going on, thankfully. Alien still has not had the baby ... but then he's not due to make his appearance for another three weeks. She's bigger than a house. I'm afraid if she sneezes the kid'll pop out.
*****
Ah, well ... I think that's it for now. Need to go to bed early. Single Son and I have a full list of errands we need to get accomplished tomorrow. We start early.

ROFLMAO Gremlin Grandson has got some height to him to be reaching the thermostat....but just doing something without asking permission - wonder if he gets that from his mother?
ReplyDeleteI've had things with metal trim sometimes arc and sometimes not - glad it didn't kill the microwave. And the varnish......good thing they serve on paper where she works:).
mmm--varnish. it's what's for breakfast!
ReplyDeleteROFLMAO at Amy.
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! You two are too much ... hope you're enjoying your vacay together!!
ReplyDeleteEm, the thermostat is placed just over the first stair leading upstairs. It makes it nice and convenient for those who lack the height to reach it if it was located in a normal (sane) location. So ... standing on his tippy toes, it's the perfect height for a kindergartener who thinks he's entitled because it's "his" house, too.
It is a good thing they serve their food on paper wrappers ... funny how now I lost my taste for a beef and cheddar ;)