KUA

KUA

1/25/11

Monday ...

a day late anyway. Just pretend it's still Monday please? I'm just way too exhausted to even think about Tuesday. LOL

Alien had the baby by c-section before 9 AM today. He came into the world weighing 8 lbs, 5 oz. He's 21 inches long. Mommy and baby are doing great. She's even called me three or four times since surgery today. She sounds good. She misses Butterball something fierce, though. He's allowed to go up to visit, but I'm really wondering if that's the best idea. With the fit that we'd have to go through leaving Mommy behind, I'm hesitant.

This is JR's first picture. He's barely a few hours old here. Not too bad of a pic, but I really need to teach the Alien's BF how to take better cell phone pics! Ah well, he gets an A for effort!



For the most part Butterball's been a joy. He's definitely a Gramma's boy! However, bedtime for the last two nights he's been here has proved to be a challenge. He wants his mommy and there's no persuading him otherwise. It's only after he cries himself to sleep am I getting my sleep. Then, he's a bed hog (no place for him except in my bed - grrrrrrr) ... I can't tell you how many kicks and punches I took last night. Tonight he seems to be a little less hoggish, so I may get more than two hours of sleep. At least I can hope, LOL.

*****

Married Son and I also went out today to buy a new hot water heater. DILs dad will install it after he gets off work tomorrow. Oh, I have a correction, too ... he IS a licensed electrician so there's no worries there. Ended up, too, that I didn't need a large appliance permit. Seems I was misinformed, it's only commercial properties that need it out here. Whew!!

I was going to possibly go to the hospital tomorrow to meet JR and to see Alien for a bit, but I'm not sure now. Besides the obvious fit I'd have to deal with if I do take Butterball, DILs dad won't be over until tomorrow around three to install the water heater. Four hours to do that and a furnace cleaning (I'm liking this ... all this work, for the price of a steak dinner!!) and it'll be too late to get up to the hospital to visit her.

Ah well, time to figure this out tomorrow. Tonight, Gramma's looking to sneak into bed without waking Butterball.


1 comment:

  1. Glad Butterball is behaving for you........and congrats that you'll have a water heater soon.

    ReplyDelete